There are a few scenarios that can prevent you from linking your Google Ads and Business Profile. Keep in mind that you’ll need access to the Business Profile that lists your locations.
The following are some common scenarios that can cause issues when linking your Google Ads and Business Profile and some tips on how to resolve them. Learn more about linking your Google Ads and Business Profiles.
You don’t have access to the Business Profile
If you don’t manage the Business Profile you’re trying to link, you’ll need to contact the manager of that account. You can then send a request to the email associated with the Business Profile. You can also request that the account manager share owner or manager access.
You’re trying to share location extensions across multiple accounts
If you’re going to link multiple accounts, they must be under the same Google Ads manager account. There should be a single email associated with the multiple accounts in order to link them to Business Profile.
Note: You can only link your Google Ads account to one Business Profile at a time. If you would like to link a new Business Profile to a Google Ads account that’s already linked to a different Business Profile, you'll need to remove the link to the old Business Profile first before linking the new one
Once you link your Google Ads account and your Business Profile, or edit your business' location in the Business Profile product interface, both of your accounts should sync within 24 hours. Edits made to your business information in Business Profile can take up to 24 hours to show up in Google Ads.
Use the following steps to see the progress of your account’s linking:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Ads & extensions from the page menu on the left, then click Extensions.
- From the dropdown menu at the top of the page, select Locations.
After about 24 hours, the "Extensions" tab should show the total number of locations that have been updated as a result of the linked accounts. If you don’t see locations in the “Extensions” tab in your Google Ads account,I make sure the locations in your Business Profile follow these guidelines:
- Business name - Enter a business name with 80 characters or less.
- Address line 1 - This is required. Don't leave this box blank.
- Street address - Enter an address with no more than 80 characters.
- Country code - This is required. Don't leave this box blank.
- URL - Enter a URL with no more than 35 characters.
Keep in mind
Changing the password of your Business Profile won't require re-linking from Google Ads.
The following two situations might delete feed items for location extensions:
- Changing (adding or removing) a filter at the account-level location extension. Any feed items that don't match the filter will be deleted.
- Adding a Google Ads label to the listing in Business Profile, and then filtering only those locations with labels at the account level. All listings that had a label added are then re-synced to Google Ads as a new feed item ID.