How to earn the Google Partner badge
This article describes the requirements for earning Partner status. You can also find out how to check your company's Partner status and get answers to common questions about Partner status.
Here are some benefits of achieving Partner status:
- Google Partner badge: There are two levels of Partner badges that your company can earn – the Google Partner badge and the Premier Google Partner badge. You can display the badge that your company has earned on your website, other online properties and offline marketing materials.
- Company specialisations: Earn company specialisations to showcase your company's product area expertise.
- Connect with Google: Receive invitations to select Google events, and get access to different levels of training and support.
Learn more about the benefits of Google Partner status.
The two badges are shown below:
|Google Partner Badge||Premier Google Partner Badge|
Requirements to be considered for a Partner badge
Both the Partner badge and the Premier Partner badge show that Google recognises your company as a Google Partner. However, to recognise leading companies that are higher spending and meet additional certification and performance requirements, Google offers the Premier Partner badge.
The table below shows what you need to do to be considered for each badge. To maintain a high standard for our programme, Google will review companies to both receive and retain the badge.
|Criteria||Partner Badge||Premier Partner Badge|
|Certification||One user certified in Google Ads who has admin or standard access to your company's Google Ads manager or sub-manager account.||Two users certified in Google Ads who have admin or standard access to your company's Google Ads manager or sub-manager account.|
|Spend||Meet a 90-day ad spend requirement of $10,000 USD across your managed accounts to show that your company has a healthy amount of activity.||Meet a higher spend requirement across your managed accounts to show that your company has a healthy amount of activity.|
|Company performance||Meet the performance requirement by delivering solid overall ad revenue and growth, and maintaining and growing your customer base.||Meet the performance requirement by delivering solid overall ad revenue and growth, and maintaining and growing your customer base.|
Read more about each requirement below.
To make sure that your users' certifications are credited to your company's badge and specialisation status, please follow the steps below.
- Certified users must share their information from Skillshop.
- Users certified under personal emails must add a company email in Skillshop for proper attribution.
- Certified users need admin or standard access to your company's Google Ads manager or sub-manager account.
If you're using a personal email in your Skillshop account, you'll need to add the company email that you're using for your company's manager or sub-manager account to your Skillshop user profile page. You can do this in the 'company email' field. If you're using your company email for your Skillshop account, make sure that it's the same email that you're using for your company's manager or sub-manager account.
Here are the certification requirements:
- Partner badge: At least one affiliated individual needs to be Google Ads certified
- Premier Partner badge: At least two affiliated individuals need to be Google Ads certified
To become Google Ads certified, an individual needs to pass the certification assessment. The certifications that count towards the badge are the Google Ads Search certification, Google Ads Display certification, Google Ads Video certification and Shopping ads certification. Certifications are available in Skillshop.
Learn more about how to get certified
Partners evaluates your company's Google Ads manager account to determine whether your company meets the spending requirement.
To fulfil the spending requirement, the following items must be met:
- At least $10,000 USD (or local currency equivalent) in total Google ad spend during the last 90 calendar days
To earn the Premier Partner badge, companies must demonstrate higher spend levels. These spend thresholds vary by country and market area.
Your spend number (in USD) can now be found in Partners for both Partner badges and company specialisations.
Partners assesses your company's Google Ads manager account to determine whether your company meets the performance requirement.
The different criteria that Partners looks at to determine whether your company meets the requirement are listed below:
- Client revenue growth
- Client retention
- Overall revenue growth
- Growth in number of advertisers
To assess your company's overall performance, Partners evaluates the client accounts linked to your manager account during an 18-month period. Partners requires at least 12 months of spend activity in your manager account.
Keep in mind that if a client account is linked and unlinked to your company's manager account during this 18-month period, we'll only count the spend that occurred when the account was linked.
To help improve your company's performance score, make sure that you fully understand your clients' marketing objectives and maximise the success of their Google Ads campaigns by meeting these objectives.