Simplify your campaign management, maximise your conversion value and expand your reach with Smart Shopping campaigns. This campaign sub-type combines Standard Shopping and display remarketing campaigns, and uses automated bidding and ad placement to promote your products and business across networks.
For subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Select the settings icon at the bottom of the video player, then select 'Subtitles/CC' and choose your language.
With Smart Shopping campaigns, Google’s machine learning uses your product feed to create and show a variety of ads across different networks, including the Google Search Network, Google Display Network, YouTube and Gmail. Our systems test different combinations of the image and text assets that you provide, then select and show the most relevant ads, automatically.
- Effortless optimisation: Smart Shopping campaigns combine your existing product feed and assets into ads across a variety of networks. Google’s powerful systems test them and show the ones that perform best.
- Automatic bidding: Google automates ad placement and bidding for each ad in your Smart Shopping campaigns, bidding for maximum conversion value at your given budget.
- Easy integration: Create and manage Smart Shopping Campaigns through an integrated third-party platform (for example, Shopify or WooCommerce) for seamless marketing and tracking.
Eligibility and requirements
Any customer with just a merchant centre feed can create a Smart Shopping campaign.
You can create up to 100 enabled or paused Smart Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads account. For the best performance, Google recommends consolidating your Smart Shopping campaigns where possible.
In Europe, Smart Shopping campaigns can be used with any Comparison Shopping Service (CSS) that you work with. The ads will show on general search results pages and on any other surfaces that the CSS has opted in to.
Get the most out of your Smart Shopping campaigns
Use remarketing lists
It’s a best practice to use remarketing lists with your Smart Shopping campaigns, and to continually add new people to those lists. To ensure the best coverage for your ads, it’s important to have more than 100 active users or visitors within the last 30 days and a new user in the last two days.
Smart Shopping campaigns use conversion tracking of events such as online purchases (preferred source of conversion events), signups, purchases from phone calls and shop visits. They automatically maximise conversion value for the daily budget that you set. Learn more about optimising Smart Shopping campaigns
- You can create Smart Shopping campaigns without conversion tracking, but your campaigns may be limited in spend.
- You can run existing Smart Shopping campaigns without meeting conversion tracking or remarketing requirements, but their ability to spend may be limited.
Explore new types of ads
Smart Shopping campaigns use Shopping ads, Local inventory ads and Display ads (including Dynamic Remarketing and Dynamic Prospecting), which are eligible to appear on the Google Search Network, Display Network, YouTube and Gmail. Learn more about ad types and format requirements
Analyse your performance
Conversion value and ROAS (return on ad spend) reporting help you to evaluate your campaign’s performance. You can also find predefined reports segmented by specific product attributes, such as category, product type and custom label, by clicking the reporting icon at the top of the page and selecting 'Predefined reports (Dimensions)', then 'Shopping'. Click the report that you’d like to review from the 'Shopping' drop-down menu.
Typical reporting, like clicks, conversions and impressions, is also available.
For Smart Shopping campaigns, reporting metrics can be different for the 'Product groups' tab when compared to the 'Campaign', 'Ad group' or 'Ads' tabs. This is because the 'Product groups' tab can only report on product-level data.
- For example, when a Shopping ad shows many products in an individual ad slot, each product will collect an impression. However, the campaign, ad group and ad recognise that only a single ad was showing and will count it as one impression.
Integrate with third-party platforms
- Create and manage Smart Shopping campaigns with Shopify, WooCommerce and GoDaddy.
- Create and manage Smart Shopping campaigns with Loja Integrada (Brazil only).