Create and edit account labels in manager accounts
Account labels are created by manager accounts and assigned to sub-manager accounts or individual Google Ads accounts to help create meaningful groupings of managed accounts. Only manager accounts can see these account labels; they can’t be created or viewed at the individual Google Ads account level.
This article shows you how to create, remove, and edit account labels. For more background about account labels and how they differ from campaign labels, read About labels in manager accounts.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
To create a new label and apply it to an account:
- From your manager account’s “Performance," “Budget,” or "Admin" tab, click the Labels drop-down and select Create new label.
- Enter the name of your label and click Save. Your label will now appear in the “Labels” drop-down menu.
- Check the box next to the accounts you want to apply this label to.
- Click the Labels drop-down and click on the label name. The label now appears in the “Labels” column next to the accounts you selected.
To remove a label from an account:
- Check the box next to the account.
- Click the Labels drop-down and select the label you want to remove.
To edit a label or remove it entirely:
- Click the Labels drop-down and select Manage labels.
- Click on the label name to modify it, or select Remove to remove it.