Create a Google Ads manager account
A manager account is a Google Ads account that lets you easily view and manage multiple Google Ads accounts -- including other manager accounts -- from a single location.
This article explains how to create manager accounts. You may want to begin by first reading About manager accounts.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
Here’s how to create a manager account:
- Visit https://www.google.com/adwords/manager-accounts/ and click Start using manager accounts.
- Enter the email address you want to use for this account. You can use the same email address for up to 20 AdWords accounts (including manager accounts). Learn more about associating multiple accounts.
- Give your manager account a name. This is the name that your clients will see in their managed account.
- Choose how you plan to use the account:
- Click To manage my accounts if you’ll be using this manager account to work with accounts that belong to you. For example, you’d select this option if you want to use this to manage multiple AdWords accounts you have for different products and services.
- Click To manage other people’s accounts if you’ll be using this manager account to work with accounts that belong to others. For example, you’d want to select this option if you’ll be using this to manage your clients’ accounts, not your own.
- Select your country and time zone. This time zone will be used for your account reporting and billing and can’t be changed. You might want to choose the time zone you work in.
- Select a permanent currency for your account. This will be the currency used for billing needs in your manager account (for example, Manager Defined Spend). You might want to choose the currency in which you do business. Your managed accounts will be billed in their individual chosen currencies.
- Check the box to accept the rules of use and click Save and continue.
- Once your email is verified, your new manager account is active.