Link accounts to your manager accounts
To use your manager account, you can begin by linking it to existing individual or manager accounts.
You also have the option of creating new Google Ads accounts from your manager account. These accounts are automatically linked to your manager account.
Before you begin
This article shows you how to link existing accounts to your manager account. You may want to begin by reading About linking accounts to manager accounts.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. Note, automatic targeting is only available in the new Google Ads experience.
To link an existing AdWords account or another manager account to your manager account:
- Obtain the AdWords Customer ID number (which appears in the top corner of AdWords account).
- Sign in to your manager account.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Click the Performance sub-tab.
- Click the + Account button.
- Choose "Link existing accounts."
- Once you’ve reviewed the terms for linking accounts, enter the AdWords account's Customer ID number in the client accounts field. To link multiple accounts at once, enter one Customer ID per line.
- Click Continue, then Submit.
When you click Submit, users with access to the AdWords account you sent a link request to will receive account alerts and emails inviting them to link to your account.
Any user with administrative access on the invited account or on a linked manager account with administrative ownership can accept your invitation by clicking the gear icon , then selecting Account settings from the drop-down menu. Then, they’ll select Account access from the side navigation and click Accept invitation.
During this process, you'll see a pending notification for the (soon-to-be) managed account in your manager account's "Pending invitations," which can be accessed from the side navigation. Once the invited account accepts your invitation, you'll receive an email confirmation and the account will be automatically linked to your manager account.