Create a Google Ads manager account
A manager account is a Google Ads account that lets you easily view and manage multiple Google Ads accounts -- including other manager accounts -- from a single location.
This article explains how to create manager accounts. You may want to begin by first reading About manager accounts.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. Note, automatic targeting is only available in the new Google Ads experience.
Here’s how to create a manager account:
- Visit the Google Ads manager account homepage and click Start now.
- Enter the email address you want to use for this account. You can use the same email address for up to 20 Google Ads accounts (including manager accounts). Learn more about associating multiple accounts.
- Give your manager account a name. This is the name that your clients will see in their managed account.
- Choose how you plan to use the account, either as an account to manage your own multiple Google Ads accounts, or to manage other people’s accounts.
- Select your country and time zone. This time zone will be used for your account reporting and billing and can’t be changed. You might want to choose the time zone you work in.
- Select a permanent currency for your account. This will be the currency used for billing needs in your manager account (for example, Manager Defined Spend). You might want to choose the currency in which you do business. Your managed accounts will be billed in their individual chosen currencies. Keep in mind that when you’re checking performance or budget information across accounts in your manager account, you’ll have the option to see any cost-related information converted to the currency used by your manager account. Learn more about converting currencies in your manager account.
- Check the box to accept the rules of use and click Save and continue.
- Important: If you are using an email address that is already associated with another Google Ads account, click Click here in the box above “Save and continue,” otherwise you will be redirected to your existing Ads account.
- Once your email is verified, your new manager account is active.