Unlink accounts from your manager account
If you want to stop managing a particular account, a user with administrative access to the manager account or the managed account can unlink the accounts.
This article shows you how to unlink an account from a manager account or from a managed account. For more background about what happens when you unlink, read About unlinking accounts from your manager account.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
To unlink an account from your manager account:
- Sign in to your manager account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Select the accounts you'd like to unlink.
- Click the Edit drop-down menu and select Unlink accounts.
To unlink an account from the individual AdWords account:
- Sign in to the managed AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the gear icon in the top corner.
- Click Account settings.
- Click Account access from the side navigation.
- Scroll down to the "Client Managers" section. In the row of the manager account you want to unlink from, click the Actions drop-down menu and choose Terminate access.
- Click OK.