About Google video partners
Google video partners are high-quality publisher websites and mobile apps where you can show your video ads to viewers beyond YouTube.
Video partner publishers are carefully vetted and must meet Google’s inventory quality standards and follow both the Google Ad Manager policies and Admob and AdSense policies. Our Video Ad Safety Promise, whereby certain types of content can’t be monetized for ads, applies to both YouTube and Google video partners.
In this article, you’ll learn about how ads appear on video partners, the available content controls for video partners, and benefits of using video partners.
The following video ad formats can run on Google video partners:
- Skippable in-stream ads (including CPV, Target CPM, Target CPA, and Maximize Conversions bid types)
- Non-skippable in-stream ads
- Bumper video ads (short video ads of 6 seconds or less)
- Outstream ads
To run an ad on Google video partners, select one of the following goals:
- Website traffic
- Product and brand consideration
- Brand awareness and reach
For campaigns that include in-stream ads or bumper ads, video partners are included by default. We recommend including video partners to your campaigns in order to get more reach and cost efficiency. To include or exclude video partners from an existing campaign, find “Networks” in your campaign settings and click the box for “Video partners on the Display Network”.
Where ads can appear on video partners
Video ads on video partners can appear on computers, tablet, mobile web browsers, mobile apps, and Connected TVs. Ads are delivered within a video player or as an interstitial when shown on mobile apps. Video partner sites and apps include content in many categories.
Benefits of using Google video partners
Show ads on content that fits your brand
Video partner sites and apps consist of leading publishers in games, sports, entertainment, news and more.
Video ads on Google video partners offer the same robust controls, content settings, and targeting available on YouTube. With the following features, you are in control of where your ads may appear:
- Inventory types: With inventory types, you can opt out of groups of sensitive content that don’t align with your brand or the message of your campaign. Learn more
- Top content bid adjustments: Set higher bids for content measured by our system to be popular and tends to get more traffic and engagement. Learn more
- Placement exclusions: See where ads appeared in the “Where ads were shown” tab, under “Placements” in your “Video targeting” tab. Placements that aren’t appropriate for your brand or don’t perform well for your audience can be excluded. Learn more
- Content exclusions: Like on YouTube, content on video partners is categorized using digital content labels. Mature and unlabeled content is excluded from video campaigns by default. You can exclude additional categories like sensitive subjects or embedded videos. Learn more
- Audience targeting: Targeting options work across YouTube and video partners, including Affinity, Custom affinity, Custom intent, Customer match, In-market, Life events, Remarketing, and Similar audiences. Learn more
Expand your reach and impact beyond YouTube
- Reach: Video partners can help you engage new users outside of YouTube and help you increase the reach of your video ads. You can use the same targeting options across YouTube and video partners and segment your reporting to measure performance across different inventory.
- Video views: When a TrueView in-stream ad is watched on video partners, it will increment a view count on your YouTube video.
- Impact: Ads on video partners can help customers become more aware of your products and more interested in your brand. Based on over 1,000 identical studies across YouTube and Google video partners, we’re seeing similar Brand Lift for TrueView ads running on YouTube and Google video partners.1
- Conversions: With TrueView for Action, you can drive more conversions, by adding prominent CTAs (calls-to-action), headline text overlays, and an end screen to your video ads.
1Google Video Partners Brand Lift meta-analysis, Global, 2019