Google video partners are high-quality publisher websites and mobile apps where you can show your video ads to viewers beyond YouTube.
Video partner publishers are carefully vetted and must meet Google's inventory quality standards. Video partner publishers also need to follow the policies applicable to their ad management platform (which can include Google Ad Manager, AdMob, or AdSense). Our Video Ad Safety Promise, in which certain types of content can't be monetized for ads, applies to both YouTube and Google video partners.
In this article, you'll learn about the benefits of using Google video partners, supported goals and ad formats for Google video partners, and where ads can appear on Google video partners.
Benefits of using Google video partners
Show ads on content that fits your brand
Video partner sites and apps consist of leading publishers in games, sports, entertainment, news, and more.
Show ads across different devices
Video ads on Google video partners can appear on computers, tablets, mobile web browsers, mobile apps, and TV screens. Ads are delivered within a video player or as an interstitial when shown on mobile apps.
Control where your ads appear
Video ads on Google video partners offer the same robust controls, content settings, and targeting available on YouTube. With the following features, you are in control of where your ads may appear:
- Audience targeting: Define who you want to reach by using different audience segments. Learn more about audience targeting for Video campaigns
- Content targeting: Define where you want your ads to show on Google video partners by targeting placements, topics, keywords, and devices. Learn more about content targeting for Video campaigns
- Content exclusions: Like on YouTube, content on video partners is categorized using digital content labels. Mature and unlabeled content is excluded from video campaigns by default. You can also use inventory types to opt out of groups of sensitive content that don't align with your brand or the message of your campaign. Learn more about content exclusions for Video campaigns
- Placement exclusions: See where ads appeared in the "Where ads showed" tab, under "Placements" in Google Ads. Placements that aren't appropriate for your brand or don't perform well for your audience can be excluded. Learn more about adding exclusions to your Video campaigns
Expand your reach and impact beyond YouTube
- Reach: Google video partners can help you engage new users outside of YouTube and help you increase the reach of your video ads. Advertisers can gain up to 20% additional reach for a given budget by adding Google video partners to their campaign. You can use the same targeting options across YouTube and Google video partners and segment your reporting to measure performance by network. Learn how to reach a broad audience and build awareness with Video
- Video views: When a skippable in-stream ad is watched on Google video partners, it will increment a view count on your YouTube video.
- Viewability: The average viewability of video ads using Google video partners is 90% (Source: Google internal data, Global, April 2019).
- Conversions: With Video action campaigns, you add a call-to-action (CTA), a headline, and an end screen to your video ad and drive more conversions at a lower cost. Based on existing studies, advertisers who added Google video partners to Video action campaigns (with Target CPA bidding) gained more than 10% of their conversions and achieved more than 20% lower CPAs from Google video partners (Source: Google internal data, Global, October - November 2019).
- Impact: Ads on Google video partners can help customers become more aware of your products and more interested in your brand. Based on over 1,000 identical studies across YouTube and Google video partners, we're seeing similar Brand Lift for Video action campaign ads running on YouTube and Google video partners (Source: Google Video Partners Brand Lift meta-analysis, Global, 2019).
Supported goals and ad formats
To show your ads on Google video partners, select one of the following goals in Google Ads:
- Website traffic
- Product and brand consideration
- Brand awareness and reach
Your video ad format also needs to be supported to show on Google video partners. Supported video ad formats include:
Include Google video partners in your video campaigns
For most Video campaigns, Google video partners are included by default. When you create a campaign or view your campaign settings in Google Ads, you can expand the "Networks" section to see the ad networks included in the campaign. Google video partners appear as "Video partners on the Display Network" in the "Networks" section.
It's recommended to include Google video partners in your eligible video campaigns to get more reach and cost efficiency. If an active video campaign doesn't include Google video partners, or your video campaign is using an ad format that doesn't automatically include Google video partners, update your campaign settings.
- In your Google Ads account, click the Campaigns icon .
- Click the Campaigns drop down in the section menu.
- Click Campaigns.
- At the top, click the All campaigns drop-down menu.
- Select Video campaigns.
- Select the campaign that you'd like to add Google video partners to.
- On the "Settings" page, click on the desired Video campaign.
- Expand the "Networks" section.
- Select the checkbox next to "Video partners on the Display Network".
- Click Save. Your campaign is now eligible to appear on Google video partners.