To access Keyword Planner:
This article shows you how to narrow your list of keywords to find those most relevant to your business.
1. Filter and refine by category
You can filter your results to get a better understanding of the potential success of specific keyword ideas. To edit filters, click the filter icon above the table of results, then select the filter you wish to edit.
You can filter your results by keyword text, average monthly searches, top of page bid (low range), top of page bid (high range), competition, organic impression share, ad impression share, or exclude keywords already in your account.
You can also refine your list using categories related to your keyword ideas. For example, if your keywords are related to running shoes, you may see a category for shoe color.
All categories are selected by default. To narrow your search, uncheck the boxes next to the categories that you’d like to remove from your list of keyword ideas.
2. Narrow by location
- Location settings: Enter a geographical location, including countries, territories, regions, and cities in the box. Click “Nearby” to get ideas for locations that are near the location you entered. If you want to target globally, remove any locations you're previously entered. Doing so will automatically set your targeting to "All locations."
- Language settings: Enter a language in the box or scroll through the list of languages that you can get ideas for.
- Network settings: Select "Google" to get ideas for Google Search or select "Google and search partners" to get ideas for Google Search, other Google search sites like Maps, and Google search partner sites (sites that partner with Google to show ads).
3. Customize by date range
4. Match seasonal trends
5. Break down into segments
- Mobile trends: Compare mobile trends to searches on all devices.
- Breakdown by device: Break down your average monthly searches by computers, mobile devices with full browsers, and tablets with full browsers.
- Breakdown by location: See how many clicks your keywords get in each of your targeted locations.