This article shows you how to create a new portfolio bid strategy when you’re setting up a new campaign, in campaign settings, or in the Shared library.
It’s best practice to implement shared budgets with portfolio bidding. Learn more about how to Link shared budgets to portfolio bid strategies.
Before you begin
If you don’t yet know what type of portfolio bid strategy is right for you, read about our whole suite of automated bid strategies first. You’ll also find definitions for each bid strategy during campaign setup.
Create a portfolio bid strategy in the Shared library “Bid strategies” page
- In your Google Ads account, click the Tools icon .
- Click the Budgets and bidding drop down in the section menu.
- Click Bid strategies.
- Click the plus button , and choose the type of bid strategy you’d like to create.
- Enter the name of your new portfolio bid strategy.
- Select the campaigns you want to include (you can also add more campaigns after your portfolio bid strategy is created).
- Enter the bid strategy settings.
- Click Save.
Create or change a portfolio bid strategy with existing campaigns
- In your Google Ads account, click the Campaigns icon .
- Click the Campaigns drop down in the section menu, then click Campaigns.
- Select the campaigns you’d like to include.
- Click Edit from the navigation menu (top).
- Click Change bid strategy from the dropdown menu.
- You can choose to Create new portfolio strategy, or Use existing portfolio strategy.
- If you choose “Use existing portfolio bid strategy”, select a strategy from the list provided.
- If you choose “Create new portfolio bid strategy”, enter the settings for your new strategy, and give it a name.
- Click Apply.