To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your content targeting and make content targeting management and optimisation simpler, you’ll see the following improvements in Google Ads:
All types of content targeting will be found under 'Content' in the side navigation
- 'Topics', 'Placements', 'Display and Video Keywords' and 'Exclusions' for all types of content targeting are now categorised under the 'Content' tab in the side navigation menu. For 'Exclusions', click the drop-down arrow to the right of the term 'Exclusions' to select exclusions for topics, placements or Display and Video keywords.
Placements are locations where your ads can appear on YouTube or the Google Display Network. A placement can be a website or a specific page on a site, a mobile app, video content or even an individual ad unit. With placement targeting, you can add placements to ad groups in your Video and Display campaigns.
- Show your ads on specific placements you choose: You can hand-pick placements to run your ads on YouTube and the Display Network with placement targeting. For example, if you sell travel packages and want your ads to appear on a particular website or page about travel, add that website or page as a placement.
- Show your ads on placements where your customers spend time: If you know your customers visit a particular website, consider adding it as a placement.
- Control the amount of traffic from placements by setting individual placement bids: If you find that advertising on a specific site works well and you want to increase your exposure on that site, you may increase your bid for just that one site. Or, you may want to reduce your bid for another placement that's not providing as many conversions.
How it works
- A placement has to be part of YouTube or the Display Network for your ads to show there.
- If a specific website you target has an equivalent app, your ads can also show there.
- As with all ads on Google Ads, you'll compete with other advertisers to show your ads on placements that you select.
- If you choose popular sites or videos on YouTube or the Display Network, you may need higher bids to get impressions. You can always adjust your bids.