Reactivate a canceled Google Ads account
Reactivating a Google Ads account is free, and you'll only need to follow a few steps. This article shows you how to reactivate a canceled account.
If your account is linked to a manager account, you’ll only be able to reactivate your account if the manager hasn’t reached the maximum account limit. If the manager has reached the maximum account limit, you’ll only be able to reactivate your account if the manager unlinks or cancels at least one of their current managed accounts.
What will happen when you reactivate your account
When you canceled your account, all your active ads stopped showing. When you reactivate your account:
- Any ads or campaigns that you left active will begin running again.
- Any ads or campaigns that you paused will not run until you re-enable them.
Before you begin
If you never requested to cancel your account: If you're unable to sign in to Google Ads, and you didn't request to cancel your account, check out these common sign-in issues. If you’re still having trouble signing in, file a reactivation request.
If you also deleted your Google account: Before you can reactivate your Google Ads account, you must first recover your Google Account.
If you don't want your ads to automatically start running when you reactivate your account: Sign in to your account and make sure to pause your ads, ad groups, or campaigns. You can re-enable them after activating your account.
How to reactivate your account
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose “previous” below. Learn more
To reactivate your AdWords account:
- Sign into your AdWords account. If you can't remember your email or password, on the sign in page, click Need help?
- In the upper right, click "Settings" and then click Account settings.
- On the "Preferences" tab, click Reactivate this account to finish activating your account.
- If prompted, you might also need to update your billing information.
After you've activated your account, you might continue to see a cancellation alert for up to 24 hours.