To help customers better optimize their ads, we've launched creative guidance in both Recommendations and as a new feature in Video Analytics in Google Ads. Google AI now automatically provides dynamic best practice assessments for all of your videos, and notifies you when a key, data-backed creative best practice is missing. If you are missing a creative best practice, Creative guidance in Google Ads provides specific recommendations to help improve the effectiveness and performance of your video ad.
This article explains what Creative guidance in Google Ads is, the benefit from using it, and how it works.
- Actionable insights: Find out quickly if your video ad is missing any of our top creative best practices and if so, what actions you should take to improve your video ad’s performance.
- Ideal setup: Don’t have any suggestions other than our full ABCD best practice guide? Be confident that your video ad follows creative best practices and is set up for success.
- Quick optimization: Get specific video ad optimization recommendations that you can quickly apply to help improve and maximize your video ad’s performance.
How it works
Creative guidance in Google Ads uses Google AI to assess where you can improve your video ad based on our creative best practices. Follow the instructions below to access Creative guidance in Google Ads:
- In your Google Ads account, click the Campaigns icon .
- Click the Assets drop down in the section menu.
- Click Videos.
- Click the Analytics tab next to “Videos”.
- Select your video ad in the drop down menu.
- In the “Ideas to try” section below the retention curves, you’ll find the creative attributes you’re missing with recommendations on how to take action.
Creative attributes are key elements that can be applied in a video to help improve its effectiveness. Today, Creative guidance in Google Ads can detect if your video ad is missing the following key creative attributes:
- Brand logo: Shows a prominent brand logo in the first 5 seconds
- Video duration: Follows the recommended video length based on your marketing objective
- Voice-over: Uses a high-quality, human voice-over
- Aspect ratio: Ad group includes all 3 video orientations, at least (1) horizontal 16:9, (1) vertical 9:16, and (1) square 1:1
If attributes are missing in your video ad, Creative guidance in Google Ads may suggest specific best practices with relevant actions you can implement in the “Ideas to try” section of Video Analytics below the retention curves or in the Recommendations tab. Based on the creative attributes detected, you’ll find high-impact changes you can make to your video ads along with links to useful tools that can help improve your video ad’s effectiveness and performance.
More attributes will be added soon. Until then, learn more about YouTube’s ABCD creative best practices.