Voice-over in Google Ads is a free, easy way to add high-quality, lifelike text-to-speech voice-over in Google Ads Asset Library, for existing video advertisers.
This article explains how to add voice-over to a Video campaign.
Note: The instructions below are part of a new Google Ads user experience that will launch for all advertisers in 2024. If you’re still using the previous version of Google Ads, review the Quick reference map or use the Search bar in the top navigation panel of Google Ads to find the page you’re searching for.
- In your Google Ads account, click the Tools icon .
- Click the Shared library drop down in the section menu.
- Click Asset library.
- Click the plus button , then click Video.
- Click Add voice-over.
- You can choose to add voice-over on an existing video in the Asset Library. Choose a video, click on the button on the top right, and click Add voice-over.
- Select source video.
- You have the option of choosing a source video from YouTube or from the ones created in Google Ads.
- Note that the video can be up to a maximum duration of 140 seconds.
- Click Enhance video.
- Under the “Voice-over messages” text box, enter your voice-over. You can add up to 5 voice-overs. Each voice-over message can have up to 150 characters. For each new voice-over, click + Add Message.
- You can set the start times of the messages in the video. Your voice-over messages can’t overlap, so your next voice-over will begin only when the current one ends.
- Scroll right to left along the video volume bar to edit the video volume. Video volume is set at 80% by default.
- Click on the video image under “Selected Video” to preview the video.
- You can select the voice type by clicking the dropdown button “Select a voice type”. You can choose from 7 options in English-US, and 2 options in all other languages.
- You can select the language of the voice from one of the currently supported languages, which include English-US, English-UK, English-IN, English-AU, Hindi, French, Spanish, Indonesian, Malaysian, Mandarin, Filipino, Korean and Swedish.
- Scroll right to left along the video volume bar to edit the voice-over volume.
- You can preview the generated video with voice-over by clicking Load preview. Note that the preview will take a few minutes to load.
- When you are satisfied with the voice-over and message, click Create video.
- Enter a title for your voice-over video. We also auto-generate a name for the video.
- Click Upload video to upload the video to a YouTube channel.
- To complete setting up your video, refer to Create a video using asset library (steps 11-13).