For subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Select the settings icon at the bottom of the video player, then select "Subtitles/CC" and choose your language.
Starting from October, Demand Gen campaigns will be available to all advertisers in Google Ads and your Discovery campaigns will be eligible for upgrades. Contact your Google account team to upgrade your Discovery campaigns on your behalf. If you don’t currently have a Google account team, your Discovery campaigns will be automatically upgraded by November.
Once upgraded, all of your historical data and learnings from your Discovery campaigns will be seamlessly carried over to your new Demand Gen campaigns, so you can take full advantage of the newly redesigned UI and start optimising your campaigns with new performance-enhancing features.
Learn more about upgrading from Discovery ads to Demand Gen.
Capturing engagement and action across YouTube, including Shorts, Discover, and Gmail, Demand Gen campaigns are ideal for social advertisers who want to serve visually-appealing, multi-format ads on Google’s most impactful surfaces available to any advertiser.
YouTube is 2X more likely than any other video services and social media platforms to be used for researching products and brands, and viewers rated YouTube ads significantly (16%) more trustworthy, credible, and honest than ads on other video and social media platforms.*
*Source 1. Google commissioned Ipsos Consumer Continuous, U.S., CA, U.K., FR, DE, IT, AU, JP, IN, CN, BR, MX, ES, ZA, KR, AR, CO, BE, CL, PE, SE, NL, DK, FI, NO ~n=500-1,000 online consumers 18+ per market. Sep 8-11, 2022)
Additional fun facts:
- Reach up to 3 billion monthly active users as they scroll through their Google feeds (including Gmail, Discover, and YouTube- with YouTube Shorts is now averaging over 50 billion daily views).
- 1 in 3 consumers say that they have purchased something on Google feeds that they were not originally shopping for.
- 63% of consumers discover new products or brands on Google feeds, among those 91% took action immediately.
- Expand the impact of your ads: Serve ads on YouTube and Google’s most immersive, visual surfaces (YouTube, Discover, and Gmail) to help put your potential customers into a purchase mindset. Demand Gen lets you reach up to 3 billion active monthly users, and Google AI creates the perfect combination of tailored, high impact visuals, messages, and placements, so you can drive more consumers to press “pay now.” Plus, you can easily preview your top performing video and image creatives across Google and YouTube to ensure they tell the right story.
- Tailored ad experiences: Use audience-first creatives that drive demand. With just a few clicks and the help of Google AI, your most immersive, visual creatives will be served to the most relevant potential customers. Lookalike segments help you reach new, qualified audiences outside of your existing customer base. This includes people who made a past purchase, visited your website, or watched videos on your YouTube channel. You can tap into audience insights to custom-match the right audience based on your advertising goals. Plus, A/B experimentation will help you fine-tune your creative approach to regularly improve performance.
- AI-powered bidding & measurement: Fuel your marketing funnel and measure the impact. Optimize across the full funnel with Max Clicks bidding to drive consideration goals like site visits. Use measurement tools like brand and search lift that help you determine whether your ad spend is paying off. Powered by insights from these tools and Google AI, your Demand Gen campaigns allow you to& optimize for website traffic, convert high value users, and bid against efficient metrics while using data driven attribution to show the full value of a campaign in the Google ecosystem.
Knowing when to use Demand Gen campaigns
|Search||Performance Max||Demand Gen|
|Use to:||Maximize performance across Google Search||Maximize performance across all of Google’s channels and surfaces||Generate demand and deliver business results on Google’s most visual, entertaining surfaces|
|Audience||Search audiences enable advertisers to combine their 1P data with Google signals to achieve a variety of marketing objectives.||
Steer AI with NCA goals, value rules, and audience signals.
(No hard targeting)
|Enable audience customization with the ability to target unique audience segments (like Lookalike segments).|
|Channels||Reach customers on Search + Search Partners (AFS).||
Drive performance across all Google channels and inventory.
(Search, YouTube including Shorts, Discover, Gmail, Display)
Create campaigns specifically for Google and YouTube’s most visual, entertaining ad surfaces.
(YouTube Shorts, YouTube in-feed, Discover, Gmail)
Learn how to Build an asset group.
Learn more about Demand Gen campaign asset specs and best practices.
|Measurement and Reporting||Reporting to keyword/ad level with insights and recommendations to improve your performance.||
|Other product differentiators||
Before you begin
Gather your creative assets, including headlines, descriptions, images and logos. To drive better performance, select your highest-quality image and video assets, such as brand and inspirational imagery featuring minimal text and effective lighting. You can also repurpose top-performing assets and messaging from existing campaigns on other platforms, like email or social.
Set up conversion tracking on your website and make sure that the Google tag is working properly. Optimize for lightweight conversion events (such as "add to basket" or "site visit") and choose a conversion counting option that makes sense for your campaign. This provides valuable signals to our systems so you can achieve your desired results faster.
Your budget settings affect how quickly we can optimize your campaign for conversions. For campaigns using target CPA bidding, it’s recommended to set a budget that’s at least 15 times your target CPA. Use the chart below to understand how long it takes to optimize your campaign depending on the current budget.
For campaigns using Maximize conversions bidding, use the new tCPA scaling simulator within Google Ads to interact with percent-based bid increments and get traffic estimates.
View Demand Gen campaign asset quality and policy requirements
Learn Demand Gen asset policy requirements as you plan for your new Demand Gen campaign.
View Ad strength for your existing images and videos
Ensure that you’re using your very best creatives for your new Demand Gen campaigns by relying on the the Ad strength tool.
View asset reporting for your existing images and videos
Learn about asset reporting for your existing creatives before you create your Demand Gen campaigns.
Learn Demand Gen asset specs and best practices
Learn about dynamic product ads for Demand Gen campaigns
Create a Demand Gen campaign
Learn how to create a Demand Gen campaign, including asset specifications and management.
Use lookalike segments to expand your audience reach
Reach people who have similarities to your existing customers with lookalike segments.