For subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Select the settings icon at the bottom of the video player, then select "Subtitles/CC" and choose your language.
You can create a single, easy-to-manage Performance Max campaign to promote your products or services across the Google Network. This article provides information on the various ways to create your Performance Max campaign based on your campaign goals and data feeds, and links to resources that can help you optimize your Performance Max campaign. Learn more About Performance Max campaigns.
On this page
- Create a campaign with online sales goals using a Merchant Center feed
- What to expect when a campaign is created
- Get the most out of your campaign
- Create a campaign with online sales or lead generation goals
- Create a campaign with a store goal
- Create a campaign with store goals using local formats and local inventory ads
Before you begin
Performance Max campaigns automate bidding, budget optimization, audiences, creatives, attribution, and more to help you get more conversions and value from your advertising. Performance Max is the recommended option to use when:
- You have specific advertising and conversion goals.
- You want to maximize campaign performance, and you aren't limited by advertising channels.
- You want easy access to all of Google’s advertising channels using a single campaign.
- You want additional reach and conversion value beyond keyword-based Search campaigns.
After you create your campaign, it can take time for your Google Ads to show impressions. This delay may be because:
- Campaigns that use automated bidding strategies need time to optimize. You may notice performance fluctuations or changes in spend while Google AI learns how to optimize for your set goals.
- It takes 1-2 days for newly created or edited ads to be reviewed to help ensure that they meet all policy requirements.
- It takes Google AI some time to adjust serving if you make changes to your campaign settings.
If your ad doesn't receive any impressions after 3 business days, review How to fix Google Ads Performance Max campaign not running or low traffic.
To run a successful campaign and maximize how your campaigns serve over time, ensure that both conversion tracking and remarketing lists are set up properly. Review the following best practices before you create or edit a Performance Max campaign:
- Track your conversions: You should use conversion tracking with your Performance Max campaigns. Google AI maximizes not only conversion events like online purchases, signups, and purchases from phone calls, but also your conversion value to determine how to spend a daily budget. You can create Performance Max campaigns without conversion tracking or without meeting conversion tracking requirements, but your campaign’s spend may be limited
- Use remarketing lists: You should use your most updated remarketing lists with your Performance Max campaigns. To ensure the best coverage for your ads, you should maintain more than 100 active users in the last 30 days and at least one new user in the last 2 days. You can run existing Performance Max campaigns without meeting remarketing requirements, but your campaign’s spend may be limited.
You can create a Performance Max campaign if your campaign objective is “Sales”, “Leads”, “Website traffic“, “Local store visits and promotions”, or if you create a campaign without a goal’s guidance. Review the options below to determine the ideal way to create your campaign based on your goals and data feeds.
One of the most common goals among business owners is to encourage customers to pursue a specific action. You can create a Performance Max campaign to help drive sales and generate leads.
Learn more about how to Create a campaign with online sales or lead generation goals.
Merchant Center feeds are collections of the products or services that you want to advertise. You can create a Performance Max campaign with your feed to help drive sales on the products you’ve uploaded.
Learn more about how to Create a campaign using a Merchant Center feed.
Store goals help you provide potential customers with the information that they need to decide when and how to visit your stores. You can create a Performance Max campaign with a store goal to help make promotion on Google properties like YouTube easy. Learn more About Performance Max for store goals.
Learn more about how to Create a campaign with a store goal.
Local Inventory Ads show your available products to people who search on Google when they’re near your store. The ads provide people with information including nearby available inventory and if people can buy your products online for in-store pickup. You can use Performance Max campaigns with store goals to optimize while serving on LIA and local formats.
Learn more about how to Create a campaign using local inventory ads.
- About business data and data feeds
- About Performance Max campaigns
- About Performance Max for store goals
- Drive sales and generate leads