When you move, you can transfer your Google Fiber service in just a few easy steps.
Open an incognito or private browser window and visit fiber.google.com. On this page, you can check to see if you're moving to an address where Google Fiber service is available. If you are, you can take your equipment with you and use it at your new location. (If Google Fiber isn't available at your new home, you'll need to contact Google Fiber customer support to cancel your account.)
With your Google Fiber PIN ready, contact Google Fiber customer support. We recommend doing this at least 30 days prior to moving. We'll take care of transferring your account information from your current address to your new address.
Make sure your Fiber balance is paid in full.
Once you receive a notification that your account has been updated, you'll be ready to set up Google Fiber service in your new home. You can do this in one of two ways:
Make an appointment to have one of our technicians install your service, OR
- Set up Google Fiber yourself with a self-install kit. Some plans require a Fiber technician to install your equipment. If this is the case, customer support will let you know when you contact them about setting up your transfer. Otherwise, select an option from one of these choices to set up Google Fiber internet on your own.
What do I need before I contact support to schedule my move?
You will need:
- Your Fiber account security PIN (How to find your PIN)
- The new address you're moving to
- Your expected move out/move in date (Note: please ensure your move dates are within the next 30 days).
- Your Fiber balance has been paid in full
Is the address I'm moving to eligible for Google Fiber service?
If/when I move, can I take all my equipment with me?
What if my address I'm moving to isn't eligible for Google Fiber service?
Despite our continued efforts to expand service, there are some areas where Google Fiber service isn’t available yet.
What happens on the date of my scheduled move?
- By this time, you should be ready to complete your move!
- Keep in mind, your account will remain active until 12:01 PM PT the day following your scheduled move out date.
- If you have not completed your move by this time, your account will be placed in a suspended state to prevent any new charges from accruing during your move.
- Billing will resume once service is activated at your new address.
- You can start service at your new address by plugging in your equipment.
Important note: if you are using Google Wifi or if you are using your own router, you will need to chat with our support team to activate your account after plugging in your equipment.
- If you are moving during a month that you have already paid for and service is not reinstated within 24 hours, you will receive a prorated credit on your next bill for any unused days of service.