Manage attribution models
Create a data-driven attribution model
- Only an agency manager or advertiser manager can create a data-driven attribution (DDA) model.
- Once you save a DDA model, you can’t change your selections. You can only create a new model.
- If you haven't already, apply labels to your campaigns, or to specific ad groups, ads, and keywords. You'll use the labels to create channel groupings for the model.
Apply labels at least 12 hours before you create a DDA model. Otherwise, the model might distribute credit to the "Unknown" channel grouping.
- You can apply more than one channel-grouping label to a campaign or other item.
To create a DDA model:
- Navigate to an advertiser.
Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the Agency list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the Advertiser list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
DoubleClick Search displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
- In the left navigation panel, click Attribution.
- Above the list, click New ▼, and then click Data-driven model.
- Enter a name for the model.
In the Select Floodlight activities section, click each Floodlight activity that you want to report on using this model.If this is the first DDA model that you’re creating, include all of the Floodlight activities (up to 50) that are in the conversion funnel you want to report on. Later, you can create more focused models that include a smaller subset of the Floodlight activities in the funnel. Learn more about which Floodlight activities to include.
In the Create channel grouping section, select labels to use for the model's channel groupings.
While you can include up to 15 channel groupings in a DDA model, it's recommended that you specify one to five channel groupings. Learn more
Your email address is automatically shown in the email address box to be notified when the model is ready.
If you want others to be notified when the DDA model is ready, type other email addresses, separated by commas.
- Click Save.
DS starts a learning period for the new model. When the model is ready, DS sends an email.