About uploading conversions from a bulksheet
Here’s the general outline for using a bulksheet to upload conversions:
- Download a Conversions and Visits report, which contains data about existing conversions. (You'll use data from the existing conversions to create new conversions.)
- Edit the downloaded bulksheet to do any of the following:
- Add a conversion that is attributed to a visit: This allows you to account for returns, fraud, and so forth. Note that, for conversions occurring on an engine account that is not tracked by DoubleClick Search clickservers, the account won't have any visits. Therefore, the conversion can't be visit-attributed.
- Add a conversion that is attributed to an ad, keyword, or product group: This is great for call tracking or other forms of offline conversions.
- Change information about an existing conversion: For example, you may want to change a conversion for discounts applied after an online purchase, returns with a restocking fee, or credits.
- Upload the bulksheet back into DS.
- If you're uploading conversions that occur offline, periodically upload an availability timestamp.
When you use a bulksheet to upload conversions, each upload should contain fewer than 100,000 rows. DS might not be able to process a conversions bulksheet with more than 100,000 rows.
- Instead of using bulksheets to manually upload conversion data, you can use the DS API to upload conversion data. Or if you use a supported call-tracking vendor, you can use their integration to automatically upload conversions. Learn more.