How fresh is the reporting data in DoubleClick Search?
Latency in DoubleClick Search reports
DoubleClick Search (DS) updates reporting data according to the following schedule:
The expected data freshness depends on the engine:
- AdWords, Bing Ads, and Yahoo! Japan are usually fresh in under 2 hours.
- Baidu: 4 hours
Please keep the following in mind:
While the DS reporting data will come close to matching the engine data, it may not be an exact match for several reasons.
During heavy volumes, DS reporting data freshness can vary. Contact your DS support representative if you notice that reporting data hasn't been updated for more than 6 hours.
Bid strategies aren't adversely impacted by the reporting data schedule. Bid strategies analyze bids regularly and update bids every 6 hours. In very rare instances, bid strategies won’t update bids if the reporting data isn’t updated for a long time.
Segmented reports and some dimension reports may not be as up to date as unsegmented reports. For example, if you segment a keywords report by geographic area and set a time range that includes today, the data in the report may not be as fresh as an unsegmented keywords report.
- Aggregated Floodlight data, such as Visits, Actions, Trans, and Trans Conv % columns will typically be fresh within a matter of minutes (after you refresh your browser window or change pages).
Note that Cost per transactions (Cost/trans column) requires data from Floodlight activities as well as data from search engines. While the number of transactions is typically updated every few minutes, the cost data comes from search engines, so the data freshness depends on the type of engine.
- Data about an individual Floodlight conversion, such as timestamp, revenue, and visit referrer is available for download in a segmented Conversion and Visit report 12 hours after a Floodlight tag records a conversion. Reporting tables in DS don't display data about individual conversions.
- Estimated Floodlight conversions are fresh as of yesterday. Reports that include estimated conversions for today won't have the complete number of estimated cross-device conversions.
- Metrics from Google Analytics: If you've linked your advertiser to a Google Analytics web property, data collected by Google Analytics, such as pageviews, avg session duration, and goal completions, is available in DS reports within 12-24 hours (based on your time zone).
While the data shown in DS reports is updated every 12 to 24 hours, bid strategies use fresher data. The Google Analytics data used in bid strategy calculations is updated as frequently as Floodlight activity data, approximately every 6 hours.
- Metrics from IBM Digital Analytics: If you've linked your advertiser to IBM Digital Analytics, data collected by Digital Analytics, such as page views, conversions, and cart revenue, is available in DS reports within 1 to 2 hours.