Download a report
To make it easier for you to analyze your account's performance, you can download reports from DoubleClick Search. There are several properties to customize your downloaded reports:
Scoping: You can scope your report by agency, advertiser, or the current scope. To determine your current scope, the left nav will show your advertiser, engine account, and campaign. You can then look at the sub-tabs to see which object you're scoped to (such as ad groups, keywords, or ads). You also have the option of reporting only on the specific objects you select in the data table.Agency reports include data for advertisers from both DoubleClick Search and the previous version of DoubleClick Search. You may find it useful to filter agency reports by advertiser.
File format: For most reports, you can elect to download an XLSX, XLS, Excel-compatible text (CSV), or Comma-separated text (CSV) file.
Editable files: If you select the Editable columns (for re-upload) option, you can then make changes in the exported file and upload it back into DoubleClick Search.
Segments: You can use segments to group your download data by a selected timeframe. For example, if you're on the Campaigns page and you segment by day, the download will have one row per campaign for each day within the selected date range.
Include types: You can select the types of objects you want to include in the report. For example, if you select keywords and ads, there will be a separate row in the report for each ad and keyword in the object you scoped to.
Include rows with no impressions: You can choose to exclude the rows of data that have no associated visits or impressions. This is an easy way to streamline the data that appears in your reports by making one click directly in the download panel. For example, if a campaign is paused, its keywords still have rows in a downloaded report. If you deselect this check box, DS3 will exclude these rows that have no activity.
Schedule reports: You can set up a schedule to deliver reports on a regular basis. Learn more.
See which properties are available for each report combination
The following table shows which of the following properties are available, based on the object you're scoped to and the included objects:
- File format: You'll either be able to select from Excel CSV/Comma CSV or XLSX/XLS/Excel CSV/Comma CSV.
- Editable files: The option to select editable columns.
- UI download/Email: The report will either be emailed, or we'll download the file in the UI.
|Include type →
|Advertisers||Engine accounts||Campaigns, ad groups, keywords, or ads|
|Engine account, campaign, ad group, keyword, or ad||NA||NA||
Steps to download a report
Navigate to the desired report in the DS UI.
Make sure the table contains the relative date range, columns, and segments you'd like to include in your report. Segments that you've applied to the data in the table appear in your report as columns. Learn how to customize the data in your tables and reports.
Click Download in the toolbar above the table to open the download panel.
- In the download panel, use the Scope dropdown to select the level at which you want the report be based on.
- If you don't change this option, DoubleClick Search will download a report based on your current scope in the UI.
- If you select the Current selection in table option, select the check boxes next to the specific objects you want to include in the data table below the download panel.
Use the Format dropdown to select the file type for your report.
- Use the Columns dropdown to select the type of report you want to receive.
- Editable columns (for re-upload): Exports a file that contains only the editable columns, and adds the Row Type and Action columns. You can then make changes in the file and upload it back into DoubleClick Search.
- Currently visible in table (for reporting): Exports a file that contains all the columns that appear in the statistics table.
- All columns (for expanded reporting): Exports a file that contains all the possible columns for the campaigns, ad groups, ads, or keywords, even if they don't appear in the table.
Use the Segment by dropdown to group your download data by a selected timeframe.
There will be one row per object for each day, week, month, quarter, or year in the selected date range.
Next to Include types, select the objects you want to include on separate rows in the report.
Deselect the Include rows with no impressions check box to exclude the rows of data that have no associated visits or impressions.
- DS will download the file directly in the UI by default.
- If the report is very large, you can still use the UI while the report is generating. A status bar will indicate the progress of the download. When it's complete, a Download link will appear next to the status bar.
- If you're scoped to an agency or advertiser, you can select the Email report check box to receive an email instead, with the option to include the report as an attachment.
Large Excel downloads (with 100,000 or more rows) only work for reports that you receive by email; they won’t work for reports that are downloaded directly in the UI.