Starting February 2021, some Geography targeting locations (e.g. outdated zip codes, cities, etc.) will no longer be supported in Display & Video 360. Line items that are only targeting these locations will be paused.
The geography targeting option in Display & Video 360 features two types of location-based targeting options: regional targeting and proximity targeting. For real-time bidding you can use both types of targeting at the same time. YouTube line items can only use regional targeting.
Use regional targeting to search for states, cities, and zip codes. You can also click then paste in a list of line separated zip codes.
Use proximity targeting to search for business chains, individual points of interest (POIs), street addresses, and latitude/longitude coordinates. You can also paste in a line separated list of street addresses and latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Search for a chain store, then choose a region. Region can narrow to: country, state, city, or zip code.
- Search for a street address or POI. For example, "Wembley Stadium, London"
Add street addresses or latitude and longitude coordinates in bulk
Birdland, 315 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036, USA
Sydney Opera House, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Wembley, HA9 0WS, UK
- Click then paste a line separated list where each line represents one location.
- Locations can be a mix of street addresses and latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Street addresses must be recognized by Google Maps.
- Each pasted list is limited to 1000 locations. Repeat the bulk add process to import more.
- Latitude, longitude coordinates must be in decimal degrees format. You can get the coordinates of a place from Google Maps. Learn more
After you add a location, you can edit the target radius in miles or kilometers. By default, the target radius is 20 mi.
Proximity radius is relative to population density so actual size may be adjusted to maintain user privacy.
Advertiser-level location lists
Advertiser location lists are good for when you target the same locations frequently.
- Navigate to your advertiser Resources Location Lists.
- Click Create New.
- Choose Regional Targeting (for postal codes) or Proximity Targeting (for individual points of interest).
- Name your list, and then paste in up to 10,000 line separated postal codes (regional) or 10,000 street addresses or latitude/longitude pairs (proximity).
- For Regional Targeting, you can enter postal codes/DMAs with their accompanying two-letter country code to specify the correct location when a postal code may apply to multiple countries. For example, "11206, US," "11206 US," "US 11206," and "US, 11206" will all resolve to the correct US ZIP code.
- Click Save.
Your location list will then be found via search in regional or proximity geography targeting.
- If you can't find a specific location you're looking for in the regional targeting option, try searching for it in proximity targeting or vice versa.
- Use the "Geography"section of the Troubleshooter for your line items to verify the countries you’re targeting match the impressions that came in for each country. You can use this information to adjust your targeting as needed. Learn more
- You can create up to 50 proximity and 50 regional location lists (100 total).
- A line item is limited to 10,000 targeted locations, including all locations of any targeted business chains. A targeted location list counts as 1 of the 10,000 and each line item can target up to 2 location lists in total.
- Inventory Availability Report and the Reach Widget are only available for business chain locations. They are unavailable for custom locations like street addresses and POIs.
- If a line item doesn’t use geography targeting, you may see values of “Unknown” for location-based dimensions in reports that include that line item.
- If you're also using day & time targeting, "Local" timezones only work with individual regional or business chain targeting options from the line-item level. It does not work with proximity targeting or advertiser-level regional location lists.
- Advertiser-level location lists
- Not available for YouTube on Display & Video 360
- 10k postal codes per list, 50 lists per advertiser
- Limited to Postal code and DMA only
- Targeting only available at the line item level
- Day & time targeting with local timezone does not work with regional location lists