Use the Inventory Availability report to find the predicted number of impressions that match specific targeting criteria. This report can be useful for predicting the overall scale of a campaign. To get a more accurate picture of inventory availability, you can refine the total number of available impressions by filtering based on various targeting and inventory-related settings.
Inventory availability data can be delayed for a few days, causing recently created or shared audience lists to temporarily appear to have no users. Display & Video 360 is able to deliver ads to the audience lists as soon as they are available in targeting.
Pro tip: Pull an Inventory Availability report directly from a line item
|Need to pull an Inventory Availability report but don’t want to spend time inputting your line item settings in Reporting? Pull the report directly from a line item:|
Data in the Inventory Availability report
Select one or more dimensions you want to use to segment your metrics. For instance, if you want to see all uniques and impressions that are potentially available for each browser and operating system, select the Browser and Operating System dimensions.
You can also filter the data in your reports by entering values in the "filters" section. For example, if you only wanted to see the uniques and impressions that are potentially available for Safari users on iOS, you would filter by "Safari" in the Browser row and "Apple iOS" in the Operating System row.
For descriptions of each dimension, see Dimensions available in reports.More about audience dimensions
Unlike other reports, you can segment and filter data by specific audiences in the Inventory Availability report.
- Use the "Audience List" filter setting to filter the number of uniques and impressions displayed in this report to include any first-party and third-party audiences you specify.
- Use the "First-Party Audience List" filter setting to filter the report's metrics based on any of your first-party audiences.
- Use the "Third-Party Audience List" filter setting to filter the number of potential uniques and impressions based on any of your third-party audiences.
If you segment your report by an audience and the resulting report is blank, it’s most likely because the audience list has no users. You can check the size of the audience by navigating to Audiences > All Audiences in your advertiser to check the size of the list.
Note: you can't run an inventory availability report that includes audiences and age / gender at the same time.
You can measure the following metrics in an Inventory Availability report:
- Potential Impressions:
The number of times that a user’s client (browser or mobile device) sent a ping to our ad server that creative content was requested and has started to download during the specified date range.
- Unique Cookies with Impressions: The number of unique cookies, that have impressions, belonging to users that appear in both an individual first-party audience list and an individual third-party audience list. The number of unique users does not include any users who block third-party cookies.
- Potential Viewable Impressions:
The number of impressions on the site that were viewable out of all measurable impressions.
- Display ads are considered viewable when at least 50% of the ad is visible for at least 1 second. For large display ads of 242,500 pixels or more, the ad is considered viewable when at least 30% of the ad is visible for at least 1 second.
- Video ads are considered viewable when at least 50% of the ad is visible while the video is playing for at least 2 consecutive seconds.
- Ads on connected TVs are considered viewable when they are served on a known connected TV device on a top publisher while the video is playing for at least 2 consecutive seconds.
All viewable ads are measurable, because you can't confirm that an ad has met the criteria for viewability unless it can be measured.