The geography targeting option in Display & Video 360 features two types of location-based targeting options: regional targeting and proximity targeting.
Use regional targeting to search for states, cities, and zip codes. You can also click then paste in a list of line separated zip codes.
Use proximity targeting to search for business chains, individual points of interest (POIs), street addresses, and latitude/longitude coordinates. Also paste in a line separated list of street addresses and latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Search for a chain store, then choose a region. Region can narrow to: country, state, city or zip code.
- Search for a street address or POI For example, "Wembley Stadium, London"
Add street addresses or latitude and longitude coordinates in bulk
Birdland, 315 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036, USA
Sydney Opera House, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Wembley, HA9 0WS, UK
- Click then copy / paste a line separated list where each line represents one location.
- Locations can be a mix of street addresses and latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Street addresses must be recognized by Google Maps.
- Each pasted list is limited to 1000 locations. Repeat the bulk add process to import more.
- Latitude, longitude coordinates must be in decimal degrees format. You can get the coordinates of a place from google maps. Learn more
Proximity radius is relative to population density so actual size may be adjusted to maintain user privacy. For example, "Small" in a rural area will be different than "Small" in a heavily populated city.
|Old radius label||New radius label||Audience reach||Approximate radius size|
|Near||Small||Least||1 km (.6 miles)|
|Medium||Medium||Balanced||5 km (3.1 miles)|
|Far||Large||Greatest||10 km (6.2 miles)|
Advertiser-level location lists
Advertiser location lists are good for when you target the same locations frequently.
- Navigate to your advertiser Resources Location Lists.
- Click Create New.
- Choose Regional Targeting (for postal codes) or Proximity Targeting (for individual points of interest).
- Name your list, and then paste in up to 10,000 line separated postal codes (regional) or 10,000 street addresses or latitude / longitude pairs (proximity).
- Click Save.
Your location list will then be found via search in regional or proximity geography targeting.
- If you can't find a specific location you're looking for in the regional targeting option, try searching for it in proximity targeting or vice versa.
- Use the "Geography"section of the Troubleshooter for your line items to verify the countries you’re targeting match the impressions that came in for each country. You can use this information to adjust your targeting as needed. Learn more
- You can create up to 50 proximity and 50 regional location lists (100 total).
- A line item is limited to 10,000 targeted locations, including all locations of any targeted business chains. A targeted location list counts as 1 of the 10,000 and each line item can target up to 2 location lists in total.
- Inventory Availability Report and the Reach Widget are only available for business chain locations. They are unavailable for custom locations like street addresses and POIs.
- If a line item doesn’t use geography targeting, you may see values of “Unknown” for location-based dimensions in reports that include that line item.
- Day and Time targeting for "Local" timezones only work with individual Regional or Business chain targeting options from the line item level. It does not work with Proximity targeting or advertiser-level regional location lists (RLL).