About future sell-through reports
The future sell-through report predicts the availability of impressions for your entire network. This report helps you manage your inventory and forecast availability with daily granularity for up to 90 days, and with monthly granularity for up to one year. It uses 28 days of sample data to make its projections and takes historical basis adjustments into account. You can view data on sell-through rate (STR) and forecasted, available, and reserved impressions, which can help you measure demand and maximize sales.
You can use future sell-through reports to help direct sales efforts, to see what is and isn't sold. You can view a breakdown by line items if you want to know how many impressions some line items (especially sponsorships) receive. If you work with partners, you can send future sell-through reports to them to show them how much inventory they will have reserved or available.
Content of future sell-through reports
- All ad unit sizes requested by a particular ad tag display in the report on the same line. This more accurately reflects how many impressions are available for a given tag.
Some ad tags on your website use more than one size, such as:
Some use single size requests such as:
The future sell-through report returns one row for 300x250 and one row for 300x250, 300x600. If any ad request is received with no size in the ad tag, they are reported as available for all sizes.
In GPT, multiple sizes are specified as:
googletag.defineSlot("/1234/travel/asia/food", [[300, 250], [300, 600]], "div-gpt-ad-123456789-1")
For more information, see Sample Google Publisher Tags.
- Manual and historical adjustments are accounted for in sell-through reports.
- Region and city targeting aren't available in future sell-through reports.
- Impressions for roadblock companion ads and video companions are displayed when you run an ad unit x ad unit size, ad unit size x line item, or line item x ad unit size future sell-through report.
- When a report contains a Line item, Line item type, Advertiser, Order, or Salesperson dimension, it displays special rows to account for available impressions. These rows have a "-" in the Name column to indicate that the available impressions don’t belong to any specific line item.
Sell-through rate calculation
Sell-through rate is defined as the percentage of forecasted traffic that has been reserved for standard or sponsorship line items (guaranteed line items).
- Sell-through rate = (reserved impressions / forecasted impressions) * 100
Video ad request sizes
The future sell-through report provides visibility into video sizes. You see sizes like "300x250v" with a v postfix. This means that on these requests video ads of this size are eligible to serve in the future. It does not mean that video ads necessarily have to serve unless only video sizes are listed.
When you set up your future sell-through report, you have the option to add dimensions for video content details in your report, such as video content, content bundles, video categories, and video position. For example, you could add dimensions to see a breakdown by content bundle, and then by the content itself.