To respond to the growing needs of our Cloud customers in France, Google is forming a dedicated entity to provide Cloud services in the region - Google Cloud France SARL, with registered address: 8 Rue de Londres, 75009 Paris, France ("Google Cloud France"). As a result, Google Cloud and Google Workspace accounts of customers with a legal address in France are being migrated to Google Cloud France SARL.
The Google Cloud and Google Workspace services transitioning to Google Cloud France SARL are:
- Google Cloud (formerly Google Cloud Platform)
- Google Cloud Marketplace
- Firebase (Firebase Paid Services Agreement, Firebase Data Processing and Security Terms)
- Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
- Google Workspace for Education (formerly G Suite for Education)
- Google Maps
- Implementation Services/Professional Services (PSO)
- Chrome – Enterprise Support & License
- Domain Registration
- Transfer Appliance
- Custom Site Search
- Hangouts Meet Hardware
- Google Workspace Essentials (formerly Enterprise Drive)
- Cloud Identity
- Premium Support
- Cloud Dataprep by Trifacta
No. Google Cloud and Google Workspace services will continue to run as usual.
However, if you use Google Cloud and are a Google Ads customer as well, you will need to accept a new mandate to avoid any disruption to your service. We recommend that you add a backup credit card prior to the migration date. Once the migration is complete, you will receive instructions to renew your direct debit mandate
Changes you can expect to see include:
- Your invoices and billing statements will be issued by and display the address and tax ID of Google Cloud France SARL.
- Your invoices will include new remittance information (a local bank account and bank account owner). Please make sure to send payments using the new remittance information, or there will be a delay in closing your outstanding invoices.
- As part of this migration, all contracts you have entered into with Google (including our rights and obligations under those contracts) for Google Cloud and/or Google Workspace services listed below will be automatically assigned to Google Cloud France SARL, and Google Cloud France SARL will agree to be bound by the terms of the relevant contracts. Additionally, your account information, including any associated personal information, will be transferred to Google Cloud France SARL. We advise customers and partners who do not want this transfer of personal information to occur, to stop using applicable services and terminate the account before the migration date.
Your currency and payment methods (credit card, direct debit, PayPal, invoice) won’t change.
You will be notified via email prior to the migration and again when these changes are effective. The email will be sent to the email address on file for your payments profile. In order to update your email address on file, you can update email address for your Google Cloud here and Google Workspace here.
If you are unable to make the changes please contact Support.
Existing customers whose legal address is in France were migrated to Google Cloud France SARL on Monday, Nov 1, 2021.
To ensure a smooth transition, please adjust your internal processes to reflect this change (including updates to Purchase Orders), and to use the new bank account and bank account owner when making payments to Google Cloud France SARL.
If you are Value Added Tax (VAT) registered, please provide us with your VAT ID, described below. This is required to comply with local regulations.
If you are a Google Cloud customer and use Google Ads and pay via direct debit, you will need to accept a new mandate to avoid any disruption to your service. We recommend that you add a backup credit card prior to the migration date.
You may also wish to consider whether any updates are required to any of your documentation or notices, including documentation or notices that relate to the processing of personal data, in order to reflect the change of the Google legal entity acting as your processor or sub-processor, as applicable.
We also encourage you to use any account credits ahead of the transition (check your invoices to determine if you have any). You will still be able to use account credits after the transition.
Note: You do not need to take any action for accounts/products that have not incurred any spend in the past 12 months unless and until you plan to resume activity on those in the future.
If you have a Google Workspace account, please submit your VAT by following the steps below:
- Sign in to your Google Admin console.
- From the Admin console Home page, at the top left, click Menu BillingPayment accounts.
- Point to your subscriptionclick More View payment settings.
- In the “<Enter section name>” section, click Edit and enter your “< TAX info>” in the “<TAX field>” field.
- Click Save.
If you are a Google Cloud account, please submit your VAT by following the steps below:
- Sign in to the Google payments center.
- Select Settings from the top menu.
- In the "Tax Info" section, click the pencil icon and enter your VAT in the "VAT Registration Number" field.
- Click Save.
If you pay by monthly invoicing, please submit your VAT ID via this form so we can update your profile for you. Please note that submissions for accounts with payment settings other than monthly invoicing cannot be processed. For those accounts, please update your payments profile by following the instructions above.
You will receive an email with instructions closer to the migration date. You will need to sign in to your account and accept the new mandate. We recommend that you add a backup credit card prior to the migration date to prevent any payment declines if the mandate is not renewed on time.
No. All accounts will be migrated to the new billing entity. However, the invoice and billing statement changes mentioned above do not apply to products for which you have chosen to be billed in installments (such as monthly, quarterly, or annually) for a fixed period of time. For such products, your invoices and billing statements will continue to be issued by Google Ireland Ltd on behalf of Google Cloud France SARL until the relevant installment billing period expires.
You can apply any open account-level credits you have with Google Ireland Ltd or Google Commerce Ltd to open invoices issued by the same entities or Google Cloud France SARL. You apply open credits in the Google payments center, following the instructions found here. Or, you can work with your Google representative to have those credits applied where you want.
Online/Self-serve, autopay accounts:
Negative invoices automatically draw down the account balance as usage costs are accrued. In the case of credit memos, you do not need to take any additional action.