Chromecast and Chromecast Audio devices can only remember one Wi-Fi network at a time. If you changed your Wi-Fi network and your device isn't currently connected to a Wi-Fi network, skip the steps below and set up your Chromecast or Chromecast Audio on the new network.
If your Chromecast or Chromecast Audio is connected to an existing Wi-Fi network, but you would like to connect it to a new one, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your mobile phone or tablet is on the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your device Settings .
- Scroll down to "General settings," then tap Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi network listed is the network you're currently connected to.
- To change the Wi-Fi network, tap Forget This Network Forget Wi-Fi network.
- Go back to the home screen, and follow the set up steps to set up your device on a new network.