Set up Chromecast Audio
- A Chromecast Audio device
- Latest version of the Google Home app
- Access to an available power outlet and a secure wireless network.
- Meet the minimum Operating System (OS) requirements to run the Google Home app .
- Access to a secure wireless network (make sure you have the wireless network password handy)
- Connection to Wi-Fi (either 2.4GHz or 5GHz) and an internet connection.
- A compatible Android or iOS device or tablet, or Mac, Windows or Chromebook computer (see list below).
- Availability and performance of certain features, services and applications are device- and network-dependent and may not be available in all areas; subscription(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
For a video demonstration, check out this YouTube video. If you prefer step-by-step instructions, see below.
Set up Chromecast Audio from:
- Plug in your Chromecast Audio.
- Install the Google Home app by navigating to g.co/home/setup on your Chromecast Audio supported Android device.
Or click to download the Google Home app for Android.
Make sure to connect your mobile device/tablet to the same network that you intend to use to set up your Chromecast Audio device.
- In the top right corner of the screen, tap Devices .
- To allow Google Home app to access this device’s location, tap Allow.
- Choose the Chromecast Audio you want to set up. Tap Set Up > Continue.
- We are now establishing a connection with your Chromecast Audio.
- If the app can’t establish connection, move closer to the Chromecast Audio and tap Try Again. If there is trouble reading info from Chromecast Audio, tap Try Again.
- When Google Home app is successfully connected to the Chromecast Audio, tap Continue.
- Turn on your speakers and adjust the volume to a low but audible level. Tap Play Test Sound.
- Sound test
- If you hear the sound, tap I Heard It. If you want to confirm that things are working, tap the speaker icon and tap Play Again.
- If you didn’t hear the sound,
- Make sure the audio cable on your Chromecast Audio is plugged into the correct input.
- Make sure your speaker is powered on and the correct input is selected
- Make sure the volume on your speaker is not muted.
- Select your region. Touch Continue.
- Change the name of your Chromecast Audio to something distinct by deleting the current name and typing in a new name. Note: Guest mode and Send Chromecast usage data and crash reports to Google are enabled by default. If you don't want either of these enabled, tap the check mark next to the corresponding prompt. Tap Continue.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to your Chromecast Audio. To automatically fetch the password for this network on this device, tap OK. The password will populate in the password field. Note: Android L and above is required to auto fetch the password. Tap Continue.
- You can also manually enter your password. Tap Continue.
- Chromecast Audio will now attempt to connect to the provided Wi-Fi network.
- If it fails, tap Try again.
- If your Chromecast Audio needs an update, it will automatically update at this time and will let you know when the update is complete. Here's more information on updates to Chromecast Audio in case the update is taking longer than expected.
- When Chromecast Audio has connected to your Wi-Fi, tap Continue.
- If you're not signed into a Google account, tap SIGN IN to personalize your features for a better Chromecast experience. Then tap Allow Email Notifications for tips & tricks, offers, and more sent straight to your email. Tap CONTINUE.
- If you're already signed into a Google account, tap Allow Email Notifications for tips & tricks, offers, and more sent straight to your email. Tap CONTINUE.
- You are now ready to cast. Tap Learn to Cast to watch a tutorial on how to cast. Tap Skip to begin casting.
- Note: Verify that your mobile device/tablet is connected to the same network as your Chromecast Audio device.
Once your device is successfully set up, discover what you can do with Chromecast.
Mac OS and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Inc. The Netflix logo is a trademark of Netflix, Inc. Netflix is available in certain countries. Unlimited streaming membership required. More information at www.netflix.com.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.