Cast Extension Options
Cast Extension Options:
The Google Cast extension has settings that can be changed to produce the best playback experience. To navigate to your Cast Extension settings and press the Cast extension button and select Options. A new tab will open, allowing you to manipulate your extension settings. The settings described below can be changed to match your particular viewing environment and the type of content you intend to cast to your TV.Auto Resizing
- Extreme (720p high bitrate): For high speed computers on high speed networks in low interference environments.
- High (720p): For high speed computers on high speed networks. Please refer to Chromecast minimum system requirements here.
- Standard (480p): For average speed computers on standard speed networks. Please refer to Chromecast minimum system requirements here.
- Enabled: Prevents black bars on widescreen video. This setting only affects content in full screen mode. Only use this setting if your laptop has an aspect ratio other than 16:9 (e.g. 16:10, 3:2, etc).
- Disabled: Shows projected content exactly as it appears on screen. Some areas of your TV screen may go unused.