Using Chromecast with Chrome
A few simple steps are required in order to use your Chromecast device from computers running Chrome. Once complete, you'll be able to play video on your TV from Google Cast Ready sites like youtube.com and netflix.com, and also cast your browser tab!To cast from Chrome
- If you're not already running Chrome, download Chrome. If you are, Chrome updates automatically, so no action should be required.
- Ensure you're running the latest version of Chrome. If you're having trouble, here's how to get Chrome updates.
- Install the Google Cast extension. If the Google Cast Extension is already installed on your browser, you'll see a Cast icon in the Chrome toolbar (near the top right).
- If you plan to cast a tab to your Chromecast to watch video on TV, review the Minimum System Requirements to ensure that your computer and network are capable of supporting this.
That's it - you're ready to go! If you need more information, check out one of the following:
- Casting a Tab explains how to cast an entire tab of Chrome onto your TV.
- Google Cast Ready vs. Casting a tab explains the differences between Google Cast Ready sites, such as youtube.com and netflix.com and general content you'll find on the web.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.