If your Chromecast Voice Remote is not working, follow the steps below:
- Remove both batteries from the remote.
- While checking the LED on the remote, reinsert the batteries. If the LED doesn't flash twice, continue to the next step.
- Note: The LED is unmarked, on the front of the remote below the Power and Input buttons. It's only visible when it's showing a status light.
- Complete within 2 seconds: While checking the LED, remove the battery that's closer to the volume button reinsert it repeat.
- If the LED still doesn't flash twice, repeat this step.
- While checking for the LED to flash twice, replace both batteries with the original batteries that came with the remote. If those batteries aren't available, use 2 fresh 1.5 volt AAA batteries.
- Remove both batteries wait 5 minutes while checking for the LED to flash twice, reinsert the batteries.
If the remote still doesn't work, continue to the next steps.
Note: A factory reset will reset your device to its default factory settings. This action will clear your data and can't be undone.
- If your Chromecast Voice Remote is paired with your Chromecast with Google TV, unpair it:
- To navigate the TV screen, set up your phone as a virtual remote.
- On the TV screen, go to your account profile Settings Remotes & Accessories.
- Select Chromecast Remote Forget Yes.
- Factory reset your Chromecast Voice Remote:
- Remove the batteries wait 5 minutes.
- Reinsert the batteries while pressing and holding the Home button.
- Continue to hold the Home button while the LED light turns on and stays solid.
- When the light starts to pulse, release the button.
- If the remote didn't pair automatically, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 3 seconds.
- If the remote still didn't pair, use your phone to select Pair remote or accessory on the TV screen factory reset the remote again wait for the remote to appear on the screen tap the select button on your phone.
- If the remote still doesn't work, factory reset your Chromecast with Google TV:
- Check that the Chromecast is plugged into the TV and turned on.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the Chromecast.
- Continue to hold the button while the LED light turns on and blinks yellow.
- When the light turns solid white, release the button wait for the device to reset.
- Factory reset the remote again.
- Set up Chromecast with Google TV and Voice Remote.