If you have trouble signing in to your Chromebook with your Google Account, try the steps below.
Fix email or password problems
Choose the error message that appears:
"Sorry, your password could not be verified" or "Couldn't find your Google Account" or "Wrong password. Try again."
- Make sure you entered the correct username and password for your Google Account.
- Make sure your Chromebook is connected to the Internet, with a strong connection.
- If you recently changed your password, try signing in with your old password.
- If you don't use a @gmail.com email address, make sure you enter your full email address as the username. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you forgot your username or password, go to accounts.google.com/signin/recovery for help.
This message means that your Chromebook doesn't have a strong Wi-Fi connection. Try these options:
- Try to fix your connection problems.
- Connect to a different Wi-Fi network, then sign in with your Google Account.
You'll need to use another account to sign in to your Chromebook. Learn why your account may have been disabled.
Get permission to sign in
If you get the error message, "Sorry, you don't have permission to sign in," you'll need to ask the owner of the Chromebook to give you permission to sign in. Or, you can browse as a guest.
If you use your Chromebook at work or school, ask your administrator to give you permission to sign in.
Activate your network
If you get the error message, "Before signing in, please start a Guest session to activate the network," you'll need to connect to a Wi-Fi network before you can sign in:
- If you haven't already, sign out of your Chromebook.
- On the sign-in screen, select Browse as Guest.
- To connect to a network, follow the steps on the screen.
If the error message appears again, try to connect to a different network.
Get more help
If the steps above don't fix your issue, try these troubleshooting steps.
If you forgot your username or password, go to accounts.google.com/signin/recovery.
If you use your Chromebook at work or school, contact your administrator for more help.