Fix email or password problems
Choose the error message that appears:“Couldn't find your Google Account"
- Make sure you enter the correct username and password for your Google Account.
- Make sure your Chromebook is connected to the internet, with a strong connection.
- If you don't use an @gmail.com email address, enter your full email address as the username. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you forgot your username or password, you can recover your account info. You need to know:
- A phone number or the recovery email address for the account.
- The full name on your account.
To recover your account:
- Go to accounts.google.com/signin/recovery.
- Follow the instructions to confirm it's your account.
- Review a list of usernames that match your account.
- Go to accounts/google.com/signin/recovery.
- Review some questions to confirm it's your account. Answer the questions as best as you can.
- If you have trouble, try the tips to complete account recovery steps.
- Reset your password when prompted. Choose a strong password you haven't already used with this account. Learn how to create a strong password.
- Try to fix your connection problems.
- Connect to a different Wi-Fi network, then sign in with your Google Account.
Get permission to sign in
If you use your Chromebook at work or school, ask your administrator to give you permission to sign in.Tip: Learn how to find the owner of a Chromebook.
Activate your network
If you get the error message "Before signing in, please start a Guest session to activate the network," try to connect to a Wi-Fi network before you can sign in:
- If you haven't already, sign out of your Chromebook.
- On the sign-in screen, select Browse as Guest.
- To connect to a network, follow the steps on the screen.
If the error message appears again, try to connect to a different network.
Get more help
If the steps above don't fix your issue, try these troubleshooting steps.
If you forgot your username or password, go to accounts.google.com/signin/recovery.
If you use your Chromebook at work or school, contact your administrator for more help.