Chrome Enterprise Upgrade and Chrome Education Upgrade can be purchased either standalone or bundled with Chrome OS devices.
Chrome OS devices with bundled upgrades have the ability to be managed for the lifetime of the device. Special features come with devices bundled with the upgrade.
Note: Your account type determines what Chrome features are available to you. For example, if your organization has an education account and you enroll a Chrome OS device bundled with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade, you can't access Chrome features that are exclusive to enterprise accounts.
Before you buy
- If you do not have any Chrome OS devices for your organization, then you can choose to purchase both the hardware and the upgrade either as a bundle or separately. Your reseller or OEM may offer one or both of these options.
- If you have available standalone Chrome Enterprise Upgrade or Chrome Education Upgrades, then you will need to purchase standalone Chrome OS devices to take advantage of your upgrade. To check if you have existing upgrades, see Use Chrome upgrades.
- Chrome OS devices bundled with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade are called Chromebook Enterprise.
- Chrome OS devices bundled with Chrome Education Upgrade are called Chromebook with Chrome Education Upgrade.
- If a device lists the operating system as Chrome OS with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade or Chrome OS with Chrome Education Upgrade, then it is a bundled device.
- If you do not yet have an account for your organization:
- For businesses, create one at g.co/ChromeEnterpriseAccount.
- For schools, visit Google for Education.
- Unlock your upgrade features by enrolling your devices. For details, see Enroll Chrome OS devices.
- With Chrome 80 or later, Chrome OS devices bundled with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade displays a welcome page during initial setup where you can start device enrollment.
- Set user and device policies in the Google Admin console. You can also provide access to internal VPNs and Wi-Fi networks, force install apps and extensions, and more.
- If you configure devices using zero-touch enrollment, Chrome OS devices with bundled upgrades will successfully enroll without risk of upgrade-related issues
Device management features
Upgrades are always bundled with the device
- The upgrade stays associated with the device. Never worry about available upgrades or renewals.
- It’s simple to transfer devices and their bundled upgrades to other organizations. Just deprovision the device and enroll it in the other organization. With standalone devices, enrollment consumes a separate upgrade for each organization.
- Because no upgrade management is required, bundled upgrades do not appear in the billing section of the Admin console.
Admin console features
- Deprovisioning simplicity—Since the upgrade follows the device, the deprovisioning process does not require a reason.
- Device list filter—Use the filter device type to view the list of devices bundled with an upgrade.
- Upgrade totals—View the total number of devices with bundled upgrades in rows separated from the standalone upgrade totals.
- View the device type—In the device details, look at the device type to determine if it is bundled with an upgrade. For details, see View Chrome OS device details.
Available Chrome OS devices with bundled upgrades
- Acer Chromebook Enterprise 13
- Acer Chromebook 314 (C933/C933T)
- Acer Chromebook Enterprise 714
- Acer Chromebook Enterprise 715
- Acer Chromebook Enterprise Spin 13
- Acer Chromebook Enterprise Spin 513
- Acer Chromebook Enterprise Spin 514
- Acer Chromebook Enterprise Spin 713
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise C223
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise C403
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise C423
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise C425
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise C523
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise CX9
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise Flip C433
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise Flip C434
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise Flip C436
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise Flip CM5
- ASUS Chromebook Enterprise Flip CX5
- ASUS Chromebox Enterprise 4
- ASUS Fanless Chromebox Enterprise
- Dell Chromebook Enterprise 3100
- Dell Chromebook Enterprise 3100 2-in-1
- Dell Latitude 5300 2-in-1 Chromebook Enterprise
- Dell Latitude 5400 Chromebook Enterprise
- Dell Latitude 7410 Chromebook Enterprise
- Dell Latitude 7410 2-in-1 Chromebook Enterprise
- HP Chromebook Enterprise 14A G5
- HP Chromebook Enterprise 14 G6
- HP Chromebook Enterprise x360 14E G1
- HP Elite c1030 Chromebook Enterprise
- HP Pro c640 Chromebook Enterprise
- HP Pro c645 Chromebook Enterprise
- Lenovo ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook Enterprise
- Acer Chromebox Enterprise CXI3
- Acer Chromebox Enterprise CXI4
- HP Chromebox Enterprise G2
- HP Chromebox Enterprise G3
- Acer Chromebase Enterprise 24I2