For administrators who manage Chrome OS devices for a business or school.
There is no limit to the number of Chrome OS devices bundled with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade or Chrome Education Upgrade that you can enroll in your organization. Each device has an integrated upgrade that covers the life of the device. You can only enroll as many standalone devices that you purchased upgrades for.
If you try to enroll more devices than have upgrades for, you’ll get an error message and the devices won’t be enrolled. In that case, you’ll need to unenroll devices or get more upgrades. For details, see Repair, repurpose, or retire Chrome devices.
Note: Your account type determines what Chrome features are available to you. For example, if your organization has an education account and you enroll a Chrome OS device bundled with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade, you can't access Chrome features that are exclusive to enterprise accounts.
From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesChrome.
- Click Devices.
- At the top right, click Upgrades to see how many upgrades that you have used and are available:
- Assigned standalone upgrades—Number of standalone upgrades that are currently being used by enrolled devices.
- Available standalone upgrades—Number of standalone upgrades that are currently available to enroll additional devices.
- No longer available standalone upgrades—Number of standalone upgrades that are no longer available to enroll new devices. The upgrades were previously used by a device that has been deprovisioned and replaced by a different model or retired from the fleet of devices.
- Total standalone upgrades—Total number of standalone upgrades purchased.
- Bundled Enterprise upgrades—Total number of enrolled Chrome OS devices with bundled Chrome Enterprise Upgrade.
- Bundled Education upgrades—Total number of enrolled Chrome OS devices with bundled Chrome Education Upgrade.
- Total provisioned devices—Total number of devices enrolled with bundled and standalone upgrades.