For administrators who manage Chrome devices for a business or school.
There is no limit to the number of Chromebook Enterprise devices that you can enroll in your organization. Each device has an integrated upgrade that covers the life of the device. You can only enroll as many standalone Chrome devices that you purchased upgrades for. If you try to enroll more devices than have upgrades for, you’ll get an error message and the devices won’t be enrolled. In that case, you’ll need to unenroll devices or get more upgrades.
You can’t directly transfer upgrades between devices. Instead, you must unenroll the original device and then enroll the new device.
From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesChrome management.
If you don't see Devices on the Home page, click More controls at the bottom.
- Click Devices.
- At the top right, click Upgrades to see how many upgrades that you have used and are available:
- Assigned upgrades—Number of upgrades that are currently being used by enrolled devices.
- Available upgrades—Number of upgrades that are currently available to enroll additional devices.
- No longer available upgrades—Number of upgrades that expired and were not renewed.
- Total upgrades—Total number of upgrades purchased.
- Total Chromebook Enterprise—Total number of Chromebook Enterprise devices enrolled.
- Total devices—Total number of devices enrolled, including Chromebook Enterprise devices and devices with an upgrade, such as Chrome Enterprise Upgrade.