The Product Editor allows merchants to build a presence on mobile and the computer to showcase their products and drive customer interactions. Customers will see a more curated showcase of a store’s products on the Business Profile Products tab on mobile, or the Product Overview module on the computer.
Items added through the Product Editor appear in Business Profiles on the computer and mobile version of Google Search.
Who it's available for
The Product Editor is for small- and medium-sized individual businesses. All categories of businesses, except for a few verticals, can use the Product Editor to showcase their products to potential customers. The Product Editor will not affect the use of the Popular Dishes features.
If you’re a larger chain, you can provide data about the products you sell and their availability through Local Inventory Ads.
How it works
To make sure all customers using search on the computer or a mobile device see your products, add your products through the Products tab in your Google My Business dashboard.
Retail merchants can use the Product Editor to upload products to their Business Profile. To learn more about the products you offer, customers can click the products in your Product Catalog and “From Product Posts” carousels. Customers can also engage with your business.
If you have a menu or services list provided by a third-party, adding an item to the Product Catalog will cause the menu or services list to be deleted. You can recreate your menu or services list through the Menu or Services Editor in Google My Business.
Add a product category
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google My Business app.
- Tap Post Add Product.
- Add at least one product to your product category. For each product, you need to:
- Upload a photo
- Name the product
- Set a price (optional)
- Create a description (optional)
- Add a button (optional)
- In the bottom right, tap Publish.
Manage your product categories
In the Product Editor tab, you can add, edit, or delete products in your Product Catalog.
- Add: To add products to an existing product category, click Add Product within the product category.
- Edit: To edit existing product categories and products, click them directly.
- You can change the order of products within the product category or the order of the categories themselves. To change the order of items, click the 3-dot icon and choose Move up, Move down, Move to top, or Move to bottom.
- Delete: To delete a product, click the 3-dot icon next to it and choose Delete a product. To delete a product category, click the 3-dot icon next to the product category title and choose Delete product categories and products.
Note: Deleting product categories and products is currently irreversible.
How customers view your products
When customers view your listing on Google Search on their computer or mobile device, they’ll view a new “Products” tab.
This tab has 2 carousels: “From Product Posts” and “Product Catalog.” The “From Product Posts” module will display the products that you highlighted through product posts and won’t be available on the computer. The Product Catalog carousel will display the product categories that you’ve added. The “Products Catalog” Carousel may be placed in a different section of the search results page.
With the “Products” tab, customers can:
- Tap a featured product card to view the product details
- Tap a product category to view an overview
- Tap a product within a product category to view the product details
- Chat or call you to find out more, or click on the button leading to your website to order online
- Provide feedback in case there are copyright or legal issues
Keep in mind:
- Products submitted via Product Editor must adhere to Posts content policy.
- We do not allow content related to regulated products and services, including alcohol, tobacco products, gambling, financial services, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, or health/medical devices.
- Submitting products that violate Google's policy may result in the removal of the entire product catalog, including products that aren't in violation.