If a Business Profile on Google has already been verified and you're authorised to manage the profile, you can request ownership from the current profile owner. If you try to access a claimed multi-location profile, you can also verify as a site manager.
If you can't find a "Claim this Business" or "Own this business" link on the Business Profile, you’re likely already an owner for the business. On your profile, search for a “You manage this business profile” badge.
- To find the Business Profile that you want to request ownership of, use either of these methods:
- Go to business.google.com/add.
- Enter the name and address of the business, then choose it from the search results.
- Find your business on Google Search or Google Maps.
- Under the Business Profile, click Claim this business.
- Click Continue.
- You'll get a message that says someone else verified the profile. If you're authorised to manage the profile, you can request ownership from the current profile owner.
- Click Request access and fill in the form.
- Fill out the form and click Submit.
To request ownership of a service-area business from the current Business Profile owner:
- Go to business.google.com/add
- Enter your business information.
- Click Continue.
- Complete the verification process.
- Verification by postcard takes a few days. After you’re verified, you'll get an "Owner conflict" dialogue that indicates that the location is a duplicate.
- Click Request access.
For some verified multi-location listings, the current owner may not be able to transfer ownership to another person. Instead, the requester can verify themselves as a site manager. If you want to become an owner or manager of the profile, you must contact an existing owner.
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- Enter the name and address of your business, then select it from the search results.
- Choose how you want to verify yourself as a site manager:
- Enter the code that you receive through the verification method.
After you request ownership, the current profile owner has three days to respond. To check the status of your request, sign in to Google My Business or click the link in your confirmation email.
- If your request is approved: You'll be notified by email and can manage the Business Profile in Google My Business.
- If your request is denied: You'll be notified by email, and you can still suggest an edit to the profile. Also, you might be able to appeal the denied request.
- If you don’t hear back: If you don’t get a response after three days, you might have the option to claim the profile yourself. To claim a Business Profile:
- Open the original confirmation email that you received about your ownership request.
- Find your request and follow the instructions on-screen to verify. Alternatively, sign in to Google My Business, and look for a 'Claim' or 'Verify' button on your dashboard.
Tip: The option to claim a profile is not always available.