Missing store codes
Before you can import your spreadsheet, each location must have a unique store code. Having a unique store code for every location in your account ensures that changes are accurately applied to each location when you import a new spreadsheet.
Add store codes
You can add or change store codes at any time in your Google My Business dashboard or by using your bulk upload spreadsheet.
To add missing store codes using your Google My Business dashboard:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Click Missing store code at the top of the page.
- Click Add store code on the right side of the location. To add store codes to multiple locations at once, select the boxes next the locations you'd like to manage, then click the pencil icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- Scroll to the “Advanced information” section and click the Store code field.
- Enter the store code in the window that appears, then click Apply in the bottom-right corner.
Keep in mind
- Any unique identifier can be a store code. A store code can be anything from the name of a place to a random number, as long as it stays the same to refer to that location.
- Include your brand name in your store code to avoid confusion between spreadsheets (for separate business or personal accounts). For example, if Google had 100 locations, they might be named "GOOG1", "GOOG2", "GOOG3", etc. Learn more about formatting store codes
To add missing store codes using your bulk upload spreadsheet:
- Download your locations to a spreadsheet.
- Enter store codes in the spreadsheet. Don't change the address of any locations.
- Upload the spreadsheet with the new store codes. The import process will match locations in your spreadsheet to locations in your account using their address.
If you maintain an offline spreadsheet, be sure that it also uses the new store codes.