Before you can import your spreadsheet, each location must have a unique store code. Having a unique store code for every location in your account ensures that changes are accurately applied to each location when you import a new spreadsheet.
Add store codes
In the Business Profile, you can add or change store codes at any time. With the Business Profile Manager, you can bulk upload using a spreadsheet to new store codes for new locations. Learn how to bulk upload using spreadsheets.
To add or change missing store codes:
- Go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
- Select the three-dot menu Business Profile settings Advanced settings.
- To add or change your store codes, next to “Store code,” select the pencil .
- In the window that appears, enter the store code.
- Select Save.
Keep in mind
- Any unique identifier can be a store code. A store code can be anything from the name of a place to a random number, as long as it stays the same to refer to that location.
- Include your brand name in your store code to avoid confusion between spreadsheets (for separate business or personal accounts). For example, if Google had 100 locations, they might be named "GOOG1", "GOOG2", "GOOG3", etc. Learn more about formatting store codes.
To change a store code, use the Business Profile Manager.
Adding store codes with a bulk spreadsheet upload only works when you’re adding a new location. If you add or change a store code to an existing location, it will create a duplicate location.
- Download your locations to a spreadsheet.
- Enter store codes in the spreadsheet. Do not change the address of any locations.
- Upload the spreadsheet with the new store codes.
If you maintain an offline spreadsheet, be sure that it also uses the new store codes.