Missing store codes
Before you can import your spreadsheet, each location must have a unique store code. Having a unique store code for every location in your account ensures that changes are accurately applied to each location when you import a new spreadsheet.
Add store codes
You can add or change store codes at any time in your Google My Business dashboard. Or, use your bulk upload spreadsheet to add new store codes for new locations.
To add or change missing store codes, use your Google My Business dashboard:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- In the menu panel on the left, click Info.
- On the right under “Advanced information,” locate “Store code.”
- To add a store code, click the pencil icon .
- Enter the store code in the window that appears, then click Apply.
Keep in mind
- Any unique identifier can be a store code. A store code can be anything from the name of a place to a random number, as long as it stays the same to refer to that location.
- Include your brand name in your store code to avoid confusion between spreadsheets (for separate business or personal accounts). For example, if Google had 100 locations, they might be named "GOOG1", "GOOG2", "GOOG3", etc. Learn more about formatting store codes.
To change a store code, use your Google My Business dashboard.
Adding store codes with a bulk spreadsheet upload only works when you’re adding a new location. If you add or change a store code to an existing location, it will create a duplicate location.
- Download your locations to a spreadsheet.
- Enter store codes in the spreadsheet. Do not change the address of any locations.
- Upload the spreadsheet with the new store codes.
If you maintain an offline spreadsheet, be sure that it also uses the new store codes.