- Google Play partners can sell ebooks in certain countries/regions. The features described here aren't available in every country/region. Currently, selling audiobooks on Play is available to some partners. Google isn’t currently accepting new audiobook partners. Check back for updates.
- Pre-orders allow customers to order, but not read, your book before its release date. On the release date, customers who pre-ordered your book are charged for the purchase and they gain access to the book.
- Due to regulatory requirements, Google can't offer pre-orders in India. Your book will open in the Play Store in India on the on-sale date.
To sell books on Google Play, you'll need to provide sales and payment settings. On this page you'll find an overview of the typical setup used by publishers, along with more advanced options.
- Agree to the Google Editions Addendum
- Add a payment profile
- Add a bank account
- Provide tax information for US-related sales
- Add a sales territory
- Enable currency conversion (optional)
- Provide prices for your books
- Enable your books for sale
- Verify your bank account for some countries
- Verify your business information for some countries
1. Agree to the Google Editions Addendum
If you haven't already agreed to the Google Editions Addendum, the Google eBooks Addendum, or the Google Books and Google Play Books Agreement, you'll be given the option to do so the first time you visit the Payment Center. Click the Start selling your books on Google Play button to view the terms. If you agree, click the appropriate button.
2. Add a payment profile
If you created your account after July 2014, you may have been given the option to add a payment profile when you first set up your account. If this is the case, you've already completed this step.
Go to the Payment Center to add a payment profile. Enter your legal business address and complete sign-up. This step is required in order to sell books on Google Play.If you see an error message about expired credentials, sign out of your Google Account, then sign in again.
If you wish to receive payments in multiple bank accounts, add additional payment profiles, one for each bank account.
3. Add a bank account
4. Provide tax information for US-related sales
In order to sell books in as many countries as possible, including the US, please submit tax information. Google may hold payments until you provide this information.
5. Add a sales territory
If you created your account after July 2014 and agreed to the Google Editions Addendum upon sign up, your account includes a default sales territory with worldwide rights.
Sales territories indicate the countries where you can sell your books. Provide a comprehensive list of all countries where you want to sell books. The simplest option is to add a single sales territory for
WORLD, which will allow you to sell books worldwide and receive payments into a single bank account. You'll also specify the payment profile (and thus the bank account) that should be used to collect payments for any sales in the sales territory.If the payment profile has been recently created and doesn't display in the drop-down list when you add a new sales territory, try to reload the page. Your sales territory must be linked to a payment profile in order to be properly configured.
- If you're subject to fixed price laws only in some countries, add a separate sales territory for those.
- If you wish to receive payments in multiple bank accounts, add a separate sales territory for each bank account.
6. Enable currency conversion (optional)
If you created your account after July 2014, currency conversion is enabled by default.
If you plan to sell books in countries with different local currencies, you may wish to use our currency conversion tool. Books will only be sold in countries for which you've provided a price in the local currency. You can either directly provide the local price, or enable currency conversion and convert a price from a different currency.
7. Provide prices for your books
View each book in your catalog and enter prices on the "Pricing" tab. For each price, specify a currency, the numeric amount, and the countries where you'd like this price to apply. If you've enabled currency conversion (see step number 6), then you can list countries that use different currencies than the one you've specified. You can also withhold prices to prevent sales of specific books in certain countries.
Provide prices for multiple books and in multiple currencies by using a spreadsheet.
8. Enable your books for sale
If your default settings aren't configured to automatically set books to go live, you'll need to enable your books for sale on Google Play. While you view a book's details, click the Publish tab and click Ready to Publish. Select Publish to Google Play and Google Books. If you've already published this book, the tab will be called "Summary."
9. Verify your bank account (for some countries)
If Google will pay you by the use of wire transfers, based on your country, this step isn't required. Otherwise, to receive payments, you'll need to verify your bank account. When you added your bank account details in one of the previous steps, Google sent a small deposit to you. It may take a few days to show up in your bank records, but once you know the amount, confirm it by editing the appropriate payment profile.
10. Verify your business information (for some countries)
If your bank is in one of the following countries, please provide additional information by filling out this form and entering the Merchant ID listed next to your payment profile.
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom