- Google Play partners can sell ebooks in certain countries/regions. The features described here aren't available in every country/region. Currently, selling audiobooks on Play is available to some partners. Google isn’t currently accepting new audiobook partners. Check back for updates.
- Pre-orders allow customers to order, but not read, your book before its release date. On the release date, customers who pre-ordered your book are charged for the purchase and they gain access to the book.
- Due to regulatory requirements, Google can't offer pre-orders in India. Your book will open in the Play Store in India on the on-sale date.
Sales territories indicate the countries where your books can be sold, as well as which payment profile should be used to collect revenue from sales in those countries. A sales territory can include several countries if they share the same configuration. You can include countries where you plan to sell books, even if the Google Play store isn't available there yet. You should exclude any countries where you don't have the rights to sell books.
- A single sales territory with
WORLDspecified as the region, which will include all countries. (Accounts created after July 2014 have a default sales territory set up with this configuration.)
- Separate sales territories for North America (
CA,MX,US) and Europe (
DE,ES,FR,GB,IT), so that the sales revenue for each region will be paid to different bank accounts.
- A sales territory for all countries where you're subject to fixed pricing laws, and a sales territory for the rest of the world.
You can configure your sales territories by signing in to the Partner Center and going to the Payment Center. You'll see a list of any sales territories you've already set up.
On this page:
Add a sales territory
To create a new sales territory, follow these steps:
- Click Add a Territory.
- Select an existing payment profile. If you need to create a new payment profile, click Cancel and go to the Payment Profiles section of the Payment Center.
If the payment profile has been recently created and doesn't display in the drop-down list, try reloading the page. Your sales territory must be linked to a payment profile in order to be properly configured.
- Enter the list of countries belonging to this sales territory. (See our formatting guidelines.)
- Check the box labeled Enable this region configuration.
- If you're subject to fixed price laws in the above countries, check the box labeled I am subject to fixed pricing laws in these countries. This setting should apply to all countries in the sales territory. You can create additional sales territories if you need to apply different settings to different countries.
- Click Create Territory.
You'll receive an error message if you try to create overlapping territories. The exception is for
WORLD, which will automatically exclude countries listed in other active sales territories.
Edit a sales territory
Edit an existing sales territory by clicking the edit link next to the territory. You can take the following actions when editing a sales territory:
- link the sales territory to a different payment profile (if the payment profile has been recently created and doesn't display in the drop-down list, try reloading the page)
- change the list of countries
- indicate whether you're subject to fixed pricing laws in the listed countries
- deactivate the sales territory
Deactivate a sales territory
You can deactivate a sales territory if it no longer applies to your book sales.
- Next to the sales territory you wish to deactivate, Click Edit.
- Uncheck the box labeled Enable this region configuration.
- Click Save Changes.
Deactivated sales territories are displayed in italics.
The following settings are necessary in order to sell a book in a country:
- The country must be listed in an active sales territory. Check that the country's ISO code is listed in a sales territory, and that the sales territory isn't deactivated. The sales territory should also be linked to a payment profile.
- A price must be provided for book sales in that country. The book's price settings should specify the country, or a region that includes the country (such as
WORLD). If the price isn't in the country's local currency, currency conversion should be enabled.
If you're still having trouble, try using our troubleshooting tool.