Submit tax information for book sales on Google Play
You must submit your tax information in order to be paid for Google Play Books sales made in U.S. dollars.
To complete the appropriate tax form, sign in to the Partner Center and follow these steps:
- Go to the Payment Center.
- Click the Edit link for a payment profile.
- In the Settings box, click Manage Settings.
- Under Payments profile, click the pencil icon next to United States tax info.
- You will be asked a series of questions to determine which tax form you need to submit. Follow the steps all the way through to submit the appropriate form. Ensure that your name matches your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
You must submit tax information for each payment profile which receives revenue from sales in U.S. dollars.
Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) verification process
Google periodically verifies publisher tax information with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). During these reviews, the IRS may notify us that the tax information in your account is inaccurate or out of date. In that case, we will place your payments on hold until you re-submit your tax information. Please be advised that this is a preventive step against legal action by the IRS.
Below are possible reasons why your tax information was flagged as inaccurate or out of date:
- Missing Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or TIN not 9-digit numeric
- TIN entered is not currently issued
- TIN and Name combination does not match IRS records
- Invalid TIN Matching request
If your account is on hold for one of these reasons, please resubmit your tax information to remove the hold. Your payments will remain on hold until you re-submit your tax information. For more information on TIN verification, please search the IRS website.