Submit tax information for book sales on Google Play


  • Google Play partners can sell ebooks and audiobooks in certain countries/regions. The features described here aren't available in every country/region.
  • Pre-orders allow customers to order, but not read, your book before its release date. On the release date, customers who pre-ordered your book are charged for the purchase and they gain access to the book.
  • Due to regulatory requirements, Google can't offer pre-orders in India. Your book will be available in the Google Play Store in India on the on-sale date.
  • Before you upload any files, make sure your content meets Google's guidelines. If you plan to sell your books on Google Play, review our publisher content policies for books on Google Play.
  • Sales reports by month won’t necessarily provide detail that matches your monthly payments. For a financial report that matches your payment, go to Google Play earnings reports.

Important: As of June 2021, Google may withhold US taxes on earnings you generate from sales in the US. To ensure accurate withholdings, you should submit your US tax information in the Partner Center. If you don’t provide your tax information, Google may be required to deduct up to 24% of your total earnings worldwide. If you’re a publisher in the US, you most likely already submitted your tax information. To be sure, check your tax information in the Partner Center.

Submit tax information to Google

You must submit tax information for each Payments profile that receives revenue from sales in US dollars. You may be asked to resubmit tax information every 3 years.

To complete the appropriate tax form:

  1. Sign in to the Partner Center.
  2. Click Payment Center.
  3. To open a payment profile, click Edit Edit . 
  4. Under "Settings," click Manage Settings.
  5. Under “Payments profile,” next to “United States tax information,” click Edit Edit .
  6. Click Manage tax Info and then Add tax info.
  7. To determine which tax form to submit, answer the questions.
  8. To submit the appropriate form, follow the steps. 
    • Tip: Make sure that your name matches your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
  9. Repeat steps 3 through 9 for each active Payments profile.
  10. Under “Settings,” add or update the Payments contact information for each Payments profile.
  11. To find the tax withholding rates that may apply to your sales, check the "United States tax info" section of your Payments profile.

Edit your address


  • If you change your legal address, you must resubmit your tax information. 
  • If you’re in the US, you must resubmit your W-9 form with your updated legal address.
If your individual or business circumstances change, you can edit your address. To ensure that your year-end tax forms are delivered to the correct address, you should update your address in both the “Permanent resident address” and “Legal address” fields.

Need more help?

Try these next steps:

Want a quicker way to get help?

Chat with a member of the Google Books team.

Clear search
Close search
Google apps
Main menu