When you link your Analytics App + Web properties and Google Ads accounts, your Analytics audiences and conversion-event data (app and web) are exported to Google Ads by default.
You can link App + Web properties to individual Google Ads accounts and to Google Ads manager accounts.
You can create up to 400 links.
Before you begin
To link a Web + App Property to Google Ads, use a Google account that has the following permissions. If your account doesn’t have these permissions, ask your Analytics or Google Ads administrator for help.
- In Analytics, you need to have Edit permission for the property that you want to link.
- In Google Ads, that same Google account needs administrative access.
- If you link to a Google Ads manager account, any data that you import from Analytics will be available to all of your client accounts.
- In Analytics, click Admin.
- In the Property column, use the menu to select the property you want to link.
- Under Product Linking, click Google Ads Linking.
- Click Link.
- Click Choose account, then select the Google Ads accounts you want to link.
- Click Confirm.
- Click Next.
- The option to Enable Personalized Advertising is on by default.
Google Signals will be enabled for this property if not already enabled. Google Analytics conversions and audience lists will be published to the linked Google Ads accounts. There is no limit to the number of Google Ads accounts you can share an audience with.
- Expand the Enable Auto-Tagging to enable auto-tagging or to leave your destination URLs as you have tagged them.
If you enable auto-tagging when you link to a manager account, then auto-tagging will be enabled on all Google Ads accounts directly linked to the manager account.
- Click Next, then review your settings.
- Click Submit to link your accounts with the current settings.
- In Analytics, click Admin.
- In the Property column, under Product Linking, click Google Ads Linking.
- In the list of linked accounts, click the arrow at the end of the row for the one you want to edit.
- Turn Enable Personalized Advertising on or off.
- Click to delete the link. (Learn more about unlinking in the following section.)
Unlinking Google Ads accounts from Analytics
Either a Google Ads Admin or an Analytics user with Edit permission can unlink the linked Google Ads account(s).
If you delete a link, then data stops flowing between the linked Google Ads account and the Analytics property.
- Google Ads data (e.g., clicks, impressions, CPC, etc.) from unlinked Google Ads accounts is not visible in Analytics reports.
- Historical session data collected before the link was deleted is still available in Analytics. Any new session data that results from clicks in an unlinked Google Ads account appears as (not set) in Analytics reports.
- Analytics remarketing audiences stop accumulating new users in unlinked Google Ads accounts.
- Unlinked Google Ads accounts stop importing conversions from Analytics.