Move a property
About moving properties
If you need to reorganize your properties in Analytics, you can move them (and their views) from one account to another.
Moving properties lets you keep your Analytics implementation current with your business. You might be reorganizing after a merger, after an internal restructuring, after hiring a new agency, or you might be developing a new Roll-Up strategy.
You move a property from a source account to a destination account.
To move a property, you must have the Manage Users and Edit permissions for both the source and destination accounts.
Things to keep in mind
If the source account no longer contains properties after the move, you can delete the source account. An empty source account still counts against the maximum number of Analytics accounts you can have.
Tracking ID and tagging
The Tracking ID (e.g, UA-12345-1) does not change, so there’s no need to retag anything.
The source account does not reuse the ID, so the Tracking ID remains unique throughout your Analytics environment.
When you move a property, you have two options for how to handle permissions:
- Replace existing property and view permissions with permissions of the destination account. The property and its views will inherit permissions from the destination account.
- Keep existing property and view permissions. The current property and view permissions are copied along with the property. Users who have account-level access in the source account will have property-level access in the destination account.
All reporting data associated with a property is moved (not copied) to the destination account.
Property settings, and associated configurations and objects
Property settings remain intact when you move a property, as do other settings and associated objects like tracking customizations (e.g., User-ID), Remarketing Audiences and Dynamic Attributes, Custom Definitions, Data Import, and Custom Tables.
All views associated with a property are moved, and all the view settings remain intact.
In addition, any assets associated with the view are moved, including dashboards, custom reports, annotations, segments, and goals.
Filters that are applied to any of the property’s views are copied to the destination account.
If Analytics detects an exact match in the destination account (filter name and configuration), then the filter is not copied, and the filter in the destination account is applied.
Filters are never removed from the source account.
Linked accounts and integrations
Any accounts you have linked to a property (e.g., AdWords, AdSense, Ad Exchange), and any integrations you have with other platforms like DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Bid Manager, and DoubleClick Search remain intact when you move a property.
If you plan to move a property and also integrate it with DoubleClick Search, create the integration first, then move the property.
If you have linked your Analytics property to an account with DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), you may not move this property; if you want to move such a property, , contact your Google Analytics 360 Suite support representative.
Billing applies only to Analytics 360 properties.
When you move a property, the account under which the property is billed changes for the entire current month. For example, if you move a property from Account A to Account B on the 15th of the month, Account B is billed for the property for the full current month and all subsequent months.
When you can't move a property
There are some circumstances in which you cannot move a property:
- The source account and the destination account belong to different Analytics 360 Suite organizations.
- The source account does not belong to an Analytics 360 Suite organization, and the destination account does belong to an Analytics 360 Suite organization.
Contact an organization admin to link the source account to the same organization as the destination account.
- The service level for the property is set to 360, and the account link to the organization has not been verified or the organization's admins have not activated the Suite experience. Contact an organization admin to either:
- You do not have the Manage Users and Edit permissions for the destination account.
- The property is linked to DoubleClick for Publishers.
Contact your Google Analytics 360 Suite support representative to unlink the property. You can relink after the move.
If you are moving the property to a destination account that is owned by a different legal entity than the source account, you have to sign a new linking contract.
- One or more unsampled reports are being processed for the property.
Wait for the unsampled reports to finish processing, and then retry the move.
- The destination account already has the maximum number of properties (50 by default).
- The property is a Roll-Up Property or a Source Property.
You cannot move a Roll-Up Property. If you want to move a Source Property, then you need to unlink it from the Roll-Up Property.
How to move a property
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin.
- In the ACCOUNT column, use the menu to select the account that contains the property you want to move.
If you have a lot of accounts, use the search box to help you find the right one.
- In the PROPERTY column, select the property you want to move.
- Click Property Settings, then click Move property.
- Select the destination account.
- Choose your permissions settings:
- Keep existing property and view permissions. The current set of user permissions is copied along with the property, and the property will not inherit permissions from the destination account.
- Replace existing property and view permissions with permissions of the destination account. The property will inherit permissions from the destination account.
- Click Move.
- Confirm data processing, then click Save.