Manage Roll-Up Properties
|This feature is only available in Google Analytics 360, part of the Google Analytics 360 Suite.
Learn more about the Google Analytics 360 Suite.
To manage Roll-Up Properties, you need to have the Edit permission for the Roll-Up Property and for any Source Properties you want to add.
Roll-Up Properties are listed along with your other properties on the Admin page, in the menu at the top of the Property column.
You work with Roll-Up Properties the same way you work with traditional properties: a Roll-Up Property belongs to an account; you create different views of the data in a Roll-Up Property, and then select a view to see the associated reports.
In this article:
Edit a Roll-Up Property
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin.
- Under ACCOUNT, select the Account that the Roll-Up Property belongs to.
- Under PROPERTY, select the Roll-Up Property.
- Click Roll-Up Management.
A list of the current Source Properties appears. Source Properties are identified by the names you supplied in the settings for those properties.
- To add additional Source Properties, click + ADD SOURCE PROPERTIES.
- To remove a Source Property, click the property name in the list, then click Unlink this property.
- To change the display name for a Source Property, click the property name in the list, then edit the Source Property Display Name field. Display names are used in reports to identify the source properties. If you edit a display name, it changes in the context of the Roll-Up Property, but the original name remains in the settings for the Source Property.
Add custom dimensions and metrics
Roll-Up Properties do not inherit custom dimensions and metrics from Source Properties. Since those data can vary at the source level (for example, different names for the same dimensions and metrics), you have to create new custom dimensions and metrics for a Roll-Up Property.
However, even though Roll-Up Properties do not inherit custom dimensions and metrics, you have the option to map the custom dimensions and metrics in your source properties to the new ones you create for your Roll-Up Properties. When you create a new custom dimension or metric in your Roll-Up Property, simply use the Dimension Mapping or Metric Mapping menu to select an existing custom dimension or metric from one of your source properties:
Incorporate User-ID data
Roll-Up Properties inherit User-ID data from any of their Source Properties that are configured to include that data. However, you have to create a new User-ID-enabled view for your Roll-Up Property in order to see the data.
Because users are deduplicated across properties, new and returning users are handled a little differently in these reports: the first time a user starts a session on any of your Source Properties, then that user is considered a new user; the next time a user starts a session on any of your Source Properties, even if it is different from the first property, then that user is considered a returning user.
To create a User-ID-enabled view: