Block advertiser URLs in Ad Exchange
DoubleClick Ad Exchange provides the functionality to block specific ads from appearing on your pages. There may be situations in which you don't want to display particular advertisements—for example, you may wish to block ads leading to competitors' sites.
You can block ads that link (i.e., click-through) to specific URLs. This way, you can easily block all ads that are linked to your competitor at www.example.com. By entering a top-level domain such as www.example.com, you'll also block all ads that link to subdirectories below that domain.
- Click on the Rules tab.
- From the sidebar, click Blocking.To access this feature from DFP instead of Ad Exchange, select Inventory Ad Exchange rules Blocking.
- Click the appropriate product sub-tab (for example, Display).
- Create a new rule or edit an existing one.
- Go to the “Advertiser URLs” tab.
- Decide which inventory to include or exclude from your targeting.
- Enter the display or destination URL(s) you want to block into the "Advertiser URLs" text box.
The following rules apply to the competitive ad filter:
- You can separate multiple URLs with commas or hard returns.
- You can block a maximum of 25,000 URLs.
- Entering example.com will block ads to example.com and example.com/sub.
- Entering example.com/sub does not block ads to example.com/products.
Generally, remove the 'www' from URLs in your filter list to provide for broader filtering.
- Entering example.com will block ads to www.example.com and forums.example.com.
- Entering www.example.com will block ads to www.example.com but not to forums.example.com or example.com.
- Click Add advertiser URLs. All of the advertiser URLs you enter appear in the “Selected blocks” scroll box.
To allow an advertiser URL that you’ve blocked, find it in the blocked list and click the X to the right of the URL.
- Click Save.
Once you paste the advertiser site URLs into the Advertiser site list, it can take up to 4 hours for these URLs to be blocked from your pages, and ads with these URLs can appear in the Creative review for up to 24 hours. If filtered ads are still appearing after 48 hours, please contact us.