Set up a backup payment method
Depending on your billing address and the currency you chose for your AdWords Express account, your available payment methods can vary. You can change your payment method among the available options any time.
Backup credit cards
A backup credit card makes sure your ads keep running in case there's ever a problem with one of your payment methods. Think of it as a parachute for your ads. Here's how to set up a backup payment method:
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Click Billing.
- Scroll down to “How you pay.”
- Click Manage payment methods.
- Click Add payment method.
- Select Add a new debit or credit card, add your information, and then click Save.
- If you want to make this your primary billing method, click the dropdown menu on the left-hand side under the card you just added and select Primary.
Keep in mind
- Some payment methods can't be used with foreign currencies. If you're paying in a foreign currency, check our payment options to see which payment methods can be used with your currency.
- Currently, we don't accept Paypal® as a payment method.
Access to billing and payments
Choosing who can perform such tasks as making payments, changing payment methods, or receiving invoices is managed in your payments profile. This profile, even if created and updated in AdWords Express, can be used in other Google products. Similarly, if you already have a payments relationship established with Google because you’ve used Google Play, for example, you can reuse that profile in AdWords Express without reentering all of your billing information. Learn more about payments profiles.
Reuse your profile
Though you can create and manage your payments profile entirely within your AdWords Express account, it actually can be used in other Google products. This means that a profile created within AdWords Express can be used to pay for services in many other Google products, like Google Play or Google Analytics premium features. This also means that if you have already established a payments relationship in an existing AdWords Express account or in another Google product, you can choose to use that profile without reentering all your information or creating a new profile for AdWords. It’s important to note that permissions for these profiles are managed through the Google payments center, not in AdWords account permissions. Learn more about reusable profiles in the Google payments help center.
To see information about payment options for your country, please sign in to your account. You'll know you're signed in to your account if you see your email address in the top-right hand side of the screen.
Once you've signed in to your account, see our payment settings and payment methods topic in the help center.
Aw, shucks. We weren't able to determine your billing country.
To see the available payment methods for your country, please select your country from the drop-down menu above. You can also use this drop-down menu to learn about the payment methods in other countries.