This article is about adding location and language targeting to Smart campaigns that use the "Get more brand awareness with video views" goal.
You can choose to target your ads to geographic locations where your customers live and languages that your customers speak.
Choose your location settings
When choosing where your ad shows, you can choose zip codes, cities, or regions. We show your ad to all locations within the areas you select. Learn more about location targeting.
Choose your location settings carefully. Only choose locations where you do business. If your settings are too broad, you may end up paying for interactions with people who aren’t potential customers.
Choose your language settings
When adding languages that your customer speaks, you can choose from a predefined list of support languages. You can add as many languages as you like. Learn more about language targeting.
A restaurant chain is launching a new restaurant in Dubai. To attract people who live in Dubai, they add "Arabic" and "English" to the campaign’s language settings. Their ads show to people who’ve browsed Arabic or English websites on their computer.
An online-only sporting equipment retailer is setting up a campaign. Although they are in Minneapolis, they ship goods to customers all over the country. For their location settings, they select all the states they ship to. Their ads show to people in these states searching for sporting equipment.
You can choose your location and language settings when you create a Smart campaign. To change your location and language settings after you create your campaign:
- In your Google Ads account, click the Campaigns icon .
- Click the Campaigns drop down in the section menu.
- Click Campaigns.
- Click the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Select a Smart campaign that you want to edit.
- Click the Edit drop down at the top of the "Campaigns" table.
- Click Change locations (to change the location of the campaign) or Change languages (to change the language of the campaign)
- Enter necessary information and click Apply.