Customer views, clicks, and calls
- AdWords Express helps you track customer views, clicks, and calls to your ad.
- Tracking these interactions can help you determine how well your ads are attracting potential customers.
You've added your business and written your ad. What's next? Here's when you'll want to start thinking about interactions with your ad -- namely, customer views and actions.
How views work
A view is counted each time your ad is shown to someone visiting a search results page or website on Google or Google Maps.
Views indicate how often your ad message is being shared with potential customers.
Sites related to your business
If you're advertising in the U.S. or the UK, your ad may also appear on other partner websites with content related to your business. We'll also include any views you receive from these sites in your AdWords Express dashboard.
How actions work
A customer can interact with your ad by clicking it or calling the phone number listed in your ad. After clicking your ad, a customer will be taken to the “landing page” for your ad—usually your website or Google+ page. People may also click the phone number in your ad to call your business on their mobile device.
When an action is taken on your ad, it can indicate that someone is interested in finding out more about your business. Reviewing the number of actions your ad received can help you understand how well your ad appeals to potential customers. Relevant ads are more likely to receive clicks and calls from people interested in what you offer.
Reviewing your customer views and actions
You can find the number of customer views and actions that your ad received in your ad summary. Your ad summary shows the following information:
- Views of your ad: How often any version of your ad has been viewed.
- Clicks of your ad: How often any version of your ad was clicked.
- Calls to your number (if call reporting is enabled): How often you received calls to the Google forwarding number in any version of the ad. This data will appear only if you've turned on call reporting in your ad.
- Amount spent: How much your ad has spent in the current month.
- Search phrases: If someone searches for one of these phrases, your ad may appear next to the search. You can use the "Edit" button to disable phrases that aren’t good fits for your business.
- Map actions (if enabled)
- Google Analytics (if enabled)
- Monthly budget: Your monthly budget, determined by multiplying your daily budget by 30, the average number of days in a month.
Click the link below for instructions to access your customer views and actions data.
How to see your customer views, clicks, and calls
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Click Dashboard.
- Scroll the page down to see the cards, "Views" and "Clicks," among other cards.
You may see other cards depending on what features you have enabled.TRY IT NOW
- Get an overview of what AdWords Express ads look like and how they work.
- See tips on writing an effective ad.